Wednesday, October 29, 2014

6 weeks

How is it possible? 6 weeks old already! Time is flying and I really wish it would slow down. The boys are getting so big. They are more alert and stay awake a little bit longer than they used to. They are snugly and sweet and I could just eat them up!!!

Tuesday was my 6 week post Partum appointment with Dr. G. I flew solo with the boys and I actually didn't do too bad!  They both got a bath before my appointment and I was able to shower and get ready too!!! Score!

My appointment went great. My scar has healed well and everything is as it should be. I received my flu shot and was given the ok to begin exercising again. Now if I could only find the time for that....

Dr G with me and the little Presidents

After my appointment, I decided to head over to parking services to see if I could get my parking lot changed. I was originally in lot 45 that was forever away. Then I was moved to lot 7 which was still a good ways away. I am now a happy resident of lot 6!!! Finally after 7 years. Jeez!

Kelly was in triage so I decided since I was already at Baylor, I may as well pay her a little visit, turn in the copy of my flu shot, and visit with my friends. 

I loaded up the boys for the 3rd time and off to labor and delivery we went. The boys got fed and loved on by LaToya and Natasha. Jill came back from lunch and got to love on the nuggets too. It was so great to see everyone and made me realize how much I miss my job. 

We stayed for about two hours and then headed out after paying a visit to see my boss :). She was so happy to see them and I was so glad she was there. She has been a constant source of support and has always been so understanding throughout our entire journey. I am beyond blessed to have her as a boss and friend. 

It was a long day but the boys did fantastic. I was extremely impressed with them and they were worn out!  So was mommy. Everyone slept really well last night!

Wednesday, Noel came over while I had  a neurologist appointment for my migraines. Our maid, Hilda, also came and cleaned the house. I do a pretty good job surface cleaning but man does she get down and scrub!!! I love it!

I went and got adjusted, picked up the dry cleaning, and ran by the store to pick up a few things for the weekend. My mom and dad are coming in Thursday and I wanted to have a few things on hand that I know they like. 

I came home with McDonalds salads for Noel and I to eat for lunch. We ate, chatted and then she was on her way. Keith, my father in law, would be driving in from Utah and will be meeting the boys for the first time - at 6 weeks old!

I really wanted Nick to see the look on Keith's face when he saw the boys for the first time. When my dad came to the hospital to meet the boys, the look on his face was absolutely priceless. It was clear that he loves these sweet nuggets almost as much as we do!

Nick left work early and was able to get home right before his parents arrived. Keith's face lit up when he finally laid eyes on the boys. They had brought over a bottle of champagne. We toasted to the boys, talked for a bit, and then decided to go to dinner. We went to Terellis and the boys were angels. 

Thursday morning I got the boys and myself, fed and bathed in record time!!! My parents drove in from San Antonio and snuggle time ensued!!! 




My best friend from nursing school, Allison (Alli) came by and loved on the boys. Nick had to stay really late at work so Alli and I went to Fireside Pies and had a glass of wine and waited for our pizza to be made while my parents stayed home with the little presidents. It was so nice to have a few minutes to catch up. I adore her. It's crazy, but sometimes Pierce looks so much like her son, Gavin!!!

Nick got home super late. We caught up with my mom and I was fortunate enough that my sweet mom volunteered to take the 0200 feed so I could get some sleep. I went to bed at 11 and didn't wake up until 5!!!! Thank you momma!!! It was AMAZING!!!!

Happy Halloween!!!  It's the boys first Halloween🎃👻

The front of their onesies said "I'm batty for mommy"

Friday was full of visitors! Noel and Keith came by. They stayed with my dad and the boys while mom and I ran to Kroger. 
Heidi drove in from Houston for a wedding she is in and she finally got to meet the nuggets! The look on her face made my day!!!

Aunt Jill and Aunt Heidi

Jill and Susie also came by. They all loved on the little guys and this momma loved having them visit. 

Susie and P cuddling

Our neighbors Joe and Pat stopped by while I was pumping. Oops. Luckily I was covered and they didn't seem bothered by it! They brought us a bottle of wine and offered to watch the boys if we ever wanted to go on a date. So sweet!!!


Landon and Lauryn came over  We passed out candy to the few trick or treaters we had and the boys grilled out steaks mom had gotten at Kroger.  We feasted on baked potatoes, a veggie filled salad, bread and incredible steaks.  Lauryn had made an apple pie from scratch.  Naturally, apple pie a la mode was for dessert!!!! Delicious!!!

Apple pie! 

Landon serving away!

Saturday morning started out like most days. Breastfeed, pump, nap, feed, pump. Mom made cinnamon rolls and I put together a fruit salad. We ate and then Nick headed to Rowlette to help  Brent and Aubrey move while we decided to take another trip to Buy Buy Baby. Pierce's Rock and Play went  capoot Friday night and we needed a new one. It took a while to get everyone and everything ready but we did it!!!

Buy Buy Baby is so awesome. When we went Thursday, they took back my bottle warmer because it would burn my milk. And they took back the rock and play with no problem.  Talk about customer service!!! 

We ended up having to feed the boys while we were there. BBB has a nursing room so we made ourselves at home in there. It was great!  Tutu and Papa sure do love these boys!



We headed to the aboretum to take pictures in the pumpkin patch. The boys have the cutest Tigger costumes that I wanted them photographed in. Pierce did great while poor Knox cried the entire time. In fact, Pierce had a really good day while Knox has had a tummy ache all day and has been super fussy. Poor baby. I'm not sure if any of the pics turned out but it was worth a shot!

Tutu, Papa and Tigger x2!

With their grandsons

After the aboretum we headed to Matt's for an early dinner. We were in a back corner and able to spread out a bit. We fed the babies before our food came and I ended up wearing Knox because of his tummy ache. 

Nick ran up to Wal Mart to get another Rock and Play and then to Wild About Harry's  for "death by chocolate" custard per moms request. She got hooked on it while I was stuck up on AP :). Can't say I mind. I don't like the chocolate but the toffee custard is AMAZING!!!

We watched Texas Tech loose to Texas and tried to calm our fussy babies while enjoying our custard! My how Saturday nights have changed - and I love it!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment