Sunday, October 19, 2014

Sunday Funday

What a great day! We had a pretty good night last night :)   This morning I was even able to tandem breastfeed the boys which always is the highlight of my day. I love looking down at them side by side and thanking God for these two precious gifts He's given us. 

We decided to get out of the house. We were both going a little stir crazy but especially me. Nick was gone most of the day Saturday car shopping, but we were both in dire need of some fresh air. Cafe Brazil is a breakfast/lunch place about a mile from our house so off to brunch we went!!! We got ready - I use this term loosely as neither of us looked 100%- packed the boys in their Cadillac of a stroller, and we were off!


There were quite a few "ohhs" and "ahhs" when we walked in. I still think twins appear as somewhat of a novelty to others. Anyway, we got seated and enjoyed an amazing breakfast. I had pulled chicken crepes with a side of fruit and Nick had 2 eggs, bacon and pan crepes - a cross between pancakes and crepes. And of course we had bottomless coffee!! It was all delectable!

After brunch we started heading back home and then turned around and walked down to a place called Doodies. At Doodies, we sat on the patio and enjoyed a cocktail. I had a mimosa ( easy on the champagne) and Nick had a Bloody Mary. We enjoyed our drinks and left just as it was getting crowded. It didn't hurt that our tab was $6.50 either! Jackpot- especially in Dallas. 


We made the hike back home and fed the little presidents. We showered and I did laundry and picked up while they napped. Before I knew it, it was time to feed again!  After that feed, I headed to Walgreens to fill Pierce's prescription for Zantac and pick up a few things we needed. 

Kurt came over around 6 and Nick helped him with some stuff for a new job he's interested in. I fed the boys while they discussed business. I then put the boys in their ginormous 0-3 month Bronco onesies and boy did they look adorable!!! When Nick and Kurt were done, we loaded up the boys again and walled to what used to be called " the Londoner" and is now " greenville ave tavern". We met Jared and Kelly to watch the Broncos vs 49ers game. Jared is a huge 49ers fan and the rest of us are all Broncos fans. Lets just put it this way- it was a long and painful game for Jared. 


It was good to get out and about a little. I want the nuggets to be adaptable and so far, they haven't let us down! I think we will all sleep well tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment