Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Scheduled C/S

Today was the day I was on our C/S schedule to have my sweet nuggets. I had it all planned out. I had my nurse Sherri lined up and my anesthesiologist, Dr. Gerard all there for delivery. But things obviously don't always go as planned. 

Today, I would have been 38 weeks and 1 day. It is crazy to think that they have been on this earth for almost 3 weeks already. I truly can't imagine my life without them. 

 Our hearts are so full. In Nicks letter to me, he said that he had heard me say that multiple times while I was pregnant but never really understood what I meant. He then stated that once the boys were born, he got it. I felt it from the moment I found out I was pregnant. I was overcome with a fullness I had never experienced before. I was responsible for not one, but two little humans that God had so kindly blessed us with. There was nothing more important to me than making sure they were well taken care of. Each day they stayed in was another day of health and growth. There were many days filled with ups and downs. Even on the down days, when the possibility of delivery was real, my heart remained full. God has a way of doing that. Through prayer after prayer, He kept them where He wanted them. I will never forget the miracle He has performed in our lives. And I love that Nick is now able to experience a full heart. 

As I reflect on the day they were born and how different it would have been if we had come in for a scheduled case, I am praising The Lord. He knew that my body was exhausted and He had kept them in there as long as He saw fit. He knew that we were ready for His two incredible creations and He blessed us with two healthy baby boys who have us wrapped around their little fingers.  I was surrounded by people who love me and I was taken care of well beyond my wildest dreams. 

Thank you Lord for our two little miracles. My prayer is that we raise them to be men of God and that they always know that they were very wanted and are loved beyond measure. 

And just a side note, I love their birthday. 9/17/2014. March 9 is my birthday and Nicks is April 1. My favorite number is 7. And 2014- well it's been the best year yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment