Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Tank and Steele

Nick and I were driving back from Lubbock after a wedding when I was about 16 weeks, and we were looking at baby names in a baby name book.  I came across the names Tank and Steel.   Neither of us could believe that people really named their children that.  As a joke, we started calling the boys Tank and Steel and well, the names stuck throughout my pregnancy. As it turns out, Pierce was "Tank" and Knox was "Steel". In utero, Pierce was always kicking and punching me so he got named Tank and I barely felt Knox so he became Steel. It's so crazy to me that they still fit these names today. Pierce is bigger than Knox and when he's pissed, he lets you know! He's constantly moving. Knox on the other hand is so laid back. He rarely cries and is pretty go with the flow. 

When my godmother, Mary Kay found out our nicknames, she added the sound -"ers" to the end of Steel, making the name "Steelers", MK's favorite football team. Before long, Tank became "Bronc" for the Denver Broncos, Nick's favorite football team. So that's how the boys got their first nicknames! Bronc (Tank) and Steel. 

Now we have a multitude of nicknames for them. Pierce has been called Master P, P money, Mr. P, P man, PAJ, P dog and simply, P. Knox has been called Knoxamillion, Knoxwell ( which has to be said with a British accent), Special K, K money, KC, and K. These are a few that my very tired mind can think of right now. But there are many many names they have been called! Of course, once they are not babies anymore I will call them Pierce and Knox or P and K. :)

Pierce- I love your piercing cries. Even the ones at 3 in the morning when you're hungry or wet- or just because!  I've waited my whole life to have you in it and everytime I hear your voice, I am reminded of God's amazing ways. You are feisty and know what you want and I love that about you. You are determined and you remind me of your daddy. You smile in your sleep and I have a feeling you're going to be a little mischievous as you get older. You HATE tummy time and you have already mastered the art of flipping from your stomach to your back.Occasionally,  you will even hold your own bottle. These things are unheard of at 3 weeks old. I am so blessed to be your mommy and I love you more than words can say. 

Knox, you are a ray of sunshine and sweet as can be. You are a little passive aggressive, much like your mommy. The only time you demand something is if you're hungry. Mommy calls this being "hangry" - hungry to the point you become angry. You have the cutest little tuft of hair that makes you look like a nutty professor. No matter what I do, it cannot be contained. You also HATE tummy time and have flipped from your stomach to your back multiple times. You love to guzzle your bottle and we've tried several ways to make you slow down! You end up spitting up a lot of what we give you up which is very hard to watch. You however, don't seem bothered by this at all. I am so blessed to be your mommy and I love you more than words can say. 

Bronc and Steel- you two are 3 weeks old and we cannot imagine our lives without you. Dream big little ones. We hope all your dreams come true!

No comments:

Post a Comment