Monday, October 6, 2014

Day one alone

We've survived! Last night went really well. The boys slept well, waking every 3 hours ( which ends up being 2 hours when all is said and done) to be changed, fed, burped and put back down to sleep. All of the bottles had been made the night before and I knew to have my pump and parts ready and in the room! All in all, not a bad night! 

Today, we got up, played with the boys and I made bagel breakfast sandwiches and a strong pot of coffee. Nick had an eye doctor appointment at 1030 and had a few errands to run. I was on my own for the 12 feed. It was interesting but we all survived!

I gave the boys a sponge bath. They weren't smelling so fresh and so clean clean! Now they smell intoxicating. There is something about a baby's smell that makes this mommy swoon. 

I called the pediatricians office because Nick accidentally knocked over Knox's Zantac yesterday and we are going to need more. It was a circus trying to get it reordered. It still hasn't been. The pedi told me to call the pharmacy. The pharmacy said that Dr. Agrawal needs to rewrite and resend the prescription because when it had originally been done, the boys were not on our insurance yet and it was under my date of birth. Anyway, I called the pedi office back and Dr. Agarwal was already gone for the day ( it wasn't even 3!). They told me to call back in the morning and request the prescription. I asked them if they could please leave her a note. Are you kidding me?? Call back in the morning?  As if I don't have two newborns I'm trying to take care of!?!?! Good thing I like Dr. Agrawal so much because her office staff is not top notch in customer service. :/

Nick got home a little before the 3 o'clock feed and we tag teamed it. We make a pretty good team if I do say so myself! I then pumped, shoved a piece of leftover pizza in my mouth and headed to the chiropractor!

It was so great visiting with Autumn, Tom, Kemba and Quinn. I showed off all their pictures and updated Autumn on our issues. She can't wait for them to be 6 pounds so she can adjust them. She said that she thinks she'll be able to help with Knox's reflux. I also asked her how to increase the amount of fat in my breastmilk. She suggested lots of protein, almonds, cashews, avocados, milk products and coconut oil. She also suggested I begin taking a probiotic to help the boys along with chamomile tea to help calm me and them down a little. 

On the way home from the chiropractor , I stopped by Walmart to grab a few groceries. Luckily Wally World had premie pampers! Hallelujah!! I also got some of the things Autumn suggested. These included yogurt, probiotic gummie vitamins, chamomile tea, and guacamole (since the avocados looked pretty pathetic). 

Nick helped he unload the car when I got home. He had just finished feeding Pierce so I fed Knox while he put the groceries away. I then pumped and Nick made dinner.  

By the time we were done eating, the boys were stirring and in need of more grub! We got their bottles ready and fed them. When they were done being changed and were content, Nick asked me if I wanted my push present. Um, yes please!!!



I wish I could share the two most thoughtful, heart felt letters I have ever read. Tears would not stop streaming from my eyes. Nick definitely tugged at my heart strings. He even wrote me a letter from the boys. It is the most special  thing he's ever written me. Not to mention he got me some incredible gifts. Nick got me a beautiful Tory Burch purse and 2 gorgeous Vera Wang blue sapphire (the boys birthstone ) and diamond bands. Talk about spoiled. The letters meant the world to me and I will cherish them forever. The presents were just icing on the cake. 

We are finishing up our last feed and heading to bed. Night night!

No comments:

Post a Comment