Monday, October 27, 2014

Sleep... What's that?

I believe I have reached a new low in the sleep department. I've never been a very good sleeper in that I am a light sleeper and I don't require a whole lot of it. (Sorry mom!). At least that's what I thought..... This seems to have caught up with me. 

Last night, I was pumping and so sleepy. Thank you oxytocin!  About 5-7 minutes into pumping, I realized that I felt... Wet. I looked down, didn't see anything, and dozed off again. About 30 seconds later it dawned on me- I don't have bottles on the end of my pump!!! Well crap!!!  I looked at Nick with big tears in my eyes and confessed what I had done. He knew how tired I was but couldn't help but laugh at me. Thankfully, I was able to laugh too. 

Then today Noel came over and I ran a few errands. I started by dropping Nick's  clothes off at the cleaners. I then went to Banana Republic to exchange some pants for him. While I was waiting for them to locate the correct size, I realized I didn't have my phone. Well hmm? Maybe I left it in the car??? I finished with the exchange and then walked to my car. I searched high and low through the Denali and my purse - nothing. Uh oh. I grabbed the receipt from the cleaners and headed back to Banana Republic. They were gracious enough to let me use their phone and make several calls. I tried calling my phone and didn't hear it ring in the store. I then decided to call the cleaners. The first time it went straight to voicemail. Poo! I called my phone again and then called the cleaners again. Thankfully, Simon, our dry cleaning guy answered. I told him who I was and then asked if I had left my phone there. Indeed I had!!! I headed back to my vehicle and off to the cleaners I went again. I then picked up lunch and diapers and headed home. 

I swear, I think having these babies has killed some of my brain cells- or maybe it's just the lack of sleep. Either way, I hope it resolves. And soon! I need the milk!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment