Thursday, October 23, 2014

Rewind

I've gotten a little behind. These sweet boys are awake a lot more and we have been playing more!

Monday Noel came over for a little while and I was able to run up to the store and finally get Knox a Rock and Play that vibrates like Pierce's. He seems to really love it!!!

About a week ago, we ordered a "Table for Two". It's essentially a contraption that allows you to feed two babies simultaneously. I love it so far!!!  We have mastered the art of how we need to use it right now. The boys are still too little to be strapped in it so we swaddle them really right and then sit them up with a rolled up blanket next to them. When it comes time to burp them, Knox gets a paci and he is able to hang until it's time to finish the bottle. Then they burp again and sit in it for about 20 minutes post feed. We also bought the reflux pads for it and so far they have done awesome! Hardly any spit up!!!! Score for mommy and daddy and score for the boys!



Monday night I made spaghetti squash and ground turkey for dinner. It turned out delicious. I was so proud of myself for cooking and getting the boys fed and bathed. Go mommy!

Monday night was.... Terrible. I don't think Nick or I got 30 consecutive minutes of sleep. It was a long, very exhausting night. 

Tuesday morning I was able to nap with the boys in the morning but then it was time to clean, do laundry and play with the little presidents. 

It was early to bed Tuesday night and praise The Lord, it was a much better night!!

Wednesday, our nanny Lena came over. She watched the boys while I ran errands. I went to Starbucks and then got adjusted at the chiropractor. I stopped by Target and then got a mani/pedi/eyebrow wax. All much needed. I swung by the bank and headed home. 

Lena did great with the boys and she's so sweet. I am hoping and praying this all works out! So far, so good!

Wednesday evening, Noel came by to watch the boys so that we could go celebrate our friend Jared's birthday. We all met up at a new bar called Parliament. It was a cool place with specialty champagne cocktails!!! Just my style :). 


After a cocktail, we headed to a restaurant called Si Tapas with 3 other couples, including the birthday boy and enjoyed a relaxing dinner. It was so weird to be out just the two of us. We loved getting out of the house but boy did we miss the nuggets!!!!

Thursday we had a doctors appointment for P man and then Nikki and her sweet girls, Charlotte and Caroline came over. They brought Chick-fil-a for lunch and we were able to visit for a while. I felt terrible that we haven't seen each other in a month! I love those 3!!!


At the Doctors 

Around 5, it became the witching hour. Both boys cried nonstop for two hours. I tried everything. I called my mom in tears. I was at my wits end. No matter what I did, I could not get either one of them to stop crying. I eventually put them both in the pack and play and walked away and cried for about 10 minutes. Once I collected myself, I got them out of the pack and play and fed them again. After dinner, they were out like a light. They wore themselves out. And mommy too. 

Whitney G came over after work and visited with me and the boys. Nick had a work dinner. She was so sweet and brought us some delicious chili and all the fixings. I adore her friendship. 

Last night, I was in tears my right breast was so incredibly engorged. When I pumped, there was next to nothing coming out. I texted my good friend Kat who is a lactation consultant and asked her what to do. I switched out all my tubing and had to massage as I was pumping. I eventually got relief but I definitely went too long without pumping today. I hate when I have to learn important lessons the hard way. Boo. 

This was after 6 hours of not pumping. Ouch!!! 


After an hour of massaging and crying it hurt so bad. 



This morning, Noel came over around 10 while I was sitting at the table, feeding the boys in the table for two with my breast pump on in full force. If only I had a picture. I'm sure I was a sight for sore eyes. 

We packed up the boys and headed to the chiropractor with a pit stop at Starbucks first. The boys both got adjusted and LOVED it. Mommy was next. We then ran into our friends, Aimee, Brady and their new little one, Hans. We ended up chatting for about 20 minutes. The 4 of us then swung by Baylor and Amy came out to see the boys. 



I ran a quick errand after dropping Noel and the boys off at the house. When I got home, Noel was finishing up the 2 o'clock feed. I finished feeding Pierce and then the boys went down for a nap. They both fought their sleep for a while but eventually it was off to dreamland they went!!!

At their 5 o'clock feed, I tandem fed them for an hour. Within 20 minutes the witching hour began again. I did some research and this seems to be pretty normal. That being said, I changed them both, played with them and they were still crying hysterically. I decided to give them a "shot" as we call it in the Job house. I gave them both another ounce of breastmilk in a bottle and they both calmed down. Until Knox started flipping out about an hour later. We got some snuggle time while he breastfed again. Poor guy got the boob that doesn't want to produce as much so I think he really was starving. 



We are about to do bath time. Nick is still at work and it's almost time for the 8 o'clock feed. Wish me luck! It should he an experience :)





No comments:

Post a Comment