Saturday, October 11, 2014

Playing catch up

I've gotten a little behind on blogging - some little guys have been my priority :) oh how I love them!

Wednesday we had to go to the pediatrician last minute. They called Tuesday evening and asked us to bring Pierce in. Apparently they had lost some of his lab work from the NICU and needed to repeat it. We thought this was going to be a quick trip. Not so much. Dr. Agrawal called the NICU and was able to track down the lab work but wasn't able to track down his urine culture. Apparently they had gotten a urine sample during his stay but it had been lost and/or cancelled. Master P had to have a bag taped down to his boy parts and we had to wait for him to urinate. Lets just say he took his time. Before he ever peed, he had 3 dirty diapers. One was so bad they had to put a new bag on him!  He finally peed around 10:15. Our nanny, Lena was supposed to be coming over to meet the little presidents and I was stressing out. I told her what was going on and that we were running behind. She was so laid back about it all. Anyway, after the sample was collected we had to drive it over to Baylor and drop it off. Well the "drop it off" wasn't as simple as it sounds either. I had to go through registration, sign HIPPA papers, get Pierce admitted as an outpatient and then was able to leave the sample and get home. 


At the Pedi


Sweet Lena was waiting patiently on our front porch. We got the boys inside and let her in. I bombarded her with information along with a promise to write it all down for her. She witnessed tummy time and helped feed. She was so great with both of them and you could see the joy in her eyes. It warmed my heart and made me more confident in my decision. I hate the thought of having to leave them but I know I will have to. 

My mom arrived from San Antonio about 12:45 and I was glad she made it safe and I was really happy she got to meet Lena. 


We made an agreement that Lena will come every other Wednesday from 11-3 until I go back to work and when I go back to work she will come 2 days a week ( she's needing me to work mostly Tuesdays and Thursdays) and then she's going to do four hours every other week so I can run our errands. I'm praying this all works out!

Noel stopped by a little before Lena was to leave. Lena helped with another feed and then she was on her way. 

We decided to take the boys to dinner. We walked to The Blue Goose ( Mexican food) with my mom and Noel. It felt so good to go for a walk and get out of the house for a little bit. I felt like a real mommy pushing our sweet boys in their Cadillac! Have I mentioned how much I love my stroller? I LOVE IT!!! It turns on a dime and isn't too heavy but is very sturdy. Plus we fit through doorways!!!!


We ran into a really nice couple and their 9 month old daughter while walking home. It was great to pick their brains.  
They said something we've heard from so many people - don't let the kids in your bed. Nick and I plan on transitioning the boys to their room after a few weeks. Currently they sleep in their rock and plays in our room. It's hard right now because they are feeding every 2-3 hours but that will change soon. Anyway, I hope we run into them again someday!

We relaxed and fed babies the rest of the night. 

Thursday morning we got up and got ready for Christmas in Cowtown. This is a crafts fair thrown by The Junior League of Fort Worth that we have been going to for the last 3 years. I am usually able to get a lot of my Christmas shopping done here and it's where I get my wrapping paper for the holidays :)  the doors opened at 11 and we got there around 11:15 and it was PACKED!  It turns out there were two events being held and that's why it appeared so busy. It was still bustling inside but not like we thought it was going to be from the looks of the parking lot. Thursday is definitely the day to go! 

We had a great time and we were there from 11:15-4:30ish. I even ran into one of the  OBs I work with. It was so great to see her beautiful face! She told me to enjoy every moment because it paso quickly. I know she's right. Bittersweet to think about. 

I was able to pump twice - in a very interesting place - but it worked. Only one person walked in on me so I call that a success!
Setting my pump up :)

Nick ordered pizza and we snuggled the little nuggets. Noel headed back to Rowlette and we watched TV and hung out. Nick hung the monitors in the nursery. They are a bit of an eyesore in the room but we spent an hour the other night trying to figure our where we should put them. Where he hung them is where we are going to be able to see the boys the best and that's all that matters in the end! As long as we know the babes are ok, we are good! 


Friday morning my mom packed up and headed back to San Antonio. I wish she would have stayed through the weekend but she is trying to get things lined up to go back to work next week. 

Tutu saying good bye 


Nick had to go to work for a little while and I was on my lonesome with the boys.  We had fun. I did pretty good feeding, burping and changing them simultaneously and even managed to sneak in a shower!

Landon and Lauryn came over last night to hang out. Nick and I had talked earlier in the day and decided that we wanted to open our Dom Perignon Champagne we got as a wedding gift and celebrate the boys arrival with them. 


We love L2 and whenever we hang out, time seems to fly! It's funny because they had brought over a bottle of dessert wine they had gotten 10 years ago while in Napa for us to share. Good minds think alike! We ate Velvet Taco and finished the Dom. For dessert, we opened their delicious wine.   It was the best Friday night in!!!

Today we got up and watched the news for a while. We then looked up the Tech game and saw that it was at 11 so we flipped to it. Nick was working on stuff around the house and I hung out with the boys. Nick had to run to Home Depot to get touch up paint and to return some light bulbs that weren't the right ones. Then he had to go to WalMart to return a car battery he had bought last week when his car wouldn't start, as well as pick up some more diapers. It's amazing how many we go through a day!!! He then stopped by Chick fil a to get us some lunch/ dinner. 

We lost our football game in the last few minutes of the game when West Virginia scored and tied it up. They then managed to kick a 55 yard field goal for the win. I'm so bummed we lost but it was a great game to watch. 

Today has been a rough day with Pierce. He has been super fussy and crying most of the day. He hasn't had gas and he doesn't have a fever but he does sound a little junky after he eats and he sounds like it hurts him. I'm hoping he doesn't have reflux too but if he does, I am hoping Dr. Agrawal will help us find a solution. 


Master P
Knox-a-mania
P and K after tummy time. 



We are praying tomorrow is a better day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment