Monday, October 20, 2014

Baby wearing

I love wearing my babies. I wish I could wear them both at once! My friend Jill was able to do that with her twins. But she's a rock star. 

We were blessed to get multiple different wraps. I ordered a free one online, Heidi and Justin got us our Baby Bjorne, my Aubt Debbie got us the moby wrap and Whitney W. got me the Katan. I have only used the free one and the Katan this far and I like them both. I prefer the Katan because it's more stable but the free sling is good for just getting a few little things done like washing and sanitizing bottles :)

Here I am wearing the boys:
Knox

Pierce

The boys seem to love it as much as I do. They have helped me do the dishes, run the vacuum, do laundry, pick up the house, take out the trash, check the mail, but best of all - they snuggle so good! I love listening to them breathe and watching them fall asleep as the rhythm of my heartbeat soothes them. It blankets me with peace. 

There are so many proven benefits of baby wearing. These include: you have two hands free, babies who are routinely carried tend to cry less, you're twice as likely to breastfeed, eases the discomfort of reflux, decreases the risk of daytime SIDS, it's good for the babies physical and mental development, it increases the babies core and posture, promotes bonding, it's better for your back than carrying the baby in your arms, and it decreases stress. Nothing about any of this sounds bad to me. The hardest part for me- being fair with my time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment