Saturday, October 4, 2014

Friends!

This morning some friends from San Antonio flew in for the day. My godmother, Mary Kay, and our old neighbors Vikki and Beth. It was so good to see them! I haven't seen them since my baby shower in San Antonio at 23 weeks.

This morning I gave both the boys a bath after their 9:00 feed and then pumped while getting ready. My how things have changed! And I love it!!!

Nick played golf this morning with our friend Jeff G. They had a good time and my heart is happy that he was able to go do something for himself that didn't involve work or babies. 

The ladies loved on the boys and helped me with their noon feeding. My mom had champagne glasses made with the boys names on them and we toasted to the boys with mimosas. It was my first mimosa in 9 months and it was delicious!

KK and Beth
Vikki
True ladies men 



Nick got home around 11:30, showered and watched the boys while we headed to the mall for brunch at Breadwinners. 

We had a great time. Luckily we didn't have to wait and we all really liked our food. Mostly, I adored being with everyone and laughing. These ladies have been there for me from day one when we moved to San Antonio. Vikki took me to the orthodontist when I was in middle school and got a Now and Later stuck to the roof of my palate expander and it popped out. Beth heard me say my first cuss word when my date showed up for the Homecoming dance and I wasn't ready. Mary Kay has always been there as my "other mom". She has called me her daughter as long as I remember and I love her. I love all of these women and I feel honored that they flew up for less than 12 hours just to see me and the boys. We are so loved and I know that they will play an important roll in their lives, just like they have in mine. 

Our good friends Stephen and Lauren got married out in Cleburne Texas tonight. It's the first time Nick and I have been out without the boys besides my OB follow up visit. Boy do I miss them. I am so happy my mom is here and able to watch them. There is no way I could leave them with a babysitter already.  Thank you TuTu!!!


Mr. And Mrs.
Clifton!!!!

It was a beautiful night with a fabulous Texas sunset and great friends. I am so excited for them and wish them all the happiness in the world!

Currently we are headed back home and I cannot wait to snuggle my babies!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment