Thursday, October 16, 2014

Wednesday/Thursday

Well we made it through day 3 and day 4! I cannot believe they will be one month old tomorrow! I already feel like time is flying. Slow down please!

Our cleaning lady, Hilda came Wednesday morning. She is pretty thorough and I love how clean my house looks and smells when she leaves. I feel like I do a pretty good job of keeping the house picked up but I no longer have the time to scrub everything down. She has been a lifesaver! Anyone who knows me, knows that I LOVE a clean house. Lets put it this way, in college, I would have Nick call me before he came over so that I could run a vacuum and clean my counters and mirrors. A little neurotic??- maybe :)

Noel came over. We did a feeding together and then I took off to run some errands. I got a much needed Starbucks tall skinny extra hot vanilla latte! I then went to my chiropractor and got adjusted - all you heard was snap crackle and pop!  

Next stop was Target! I wanted to try a different nursing bra ( turned out to not work for me) and just browse a little. I am in search of a little stand to put next to the rocker in the nursery but haven't found anything just yet. 

Speaking of the nursery, here are a few pics. I love how it turned out. Still needs a few things but we will get there!



Kroger was my last place to go. We were in dire need of some groceries. I had a list which helped but I went to a new Kroger that I didn't know the layout of so it took a little longer. I actually think I like it better than the one I normally go to. 

I got home with everything and wore one of the babies in my Katan that Whitney W. got me.  Noel helped me unload and put stuff away and then she headed back to Rowlette. 

I made dinner and Nick and I fed the boys and then ate. I talked to my friend Jill for a while and she caught me up on what I've been missing. I'm hoping she can stop by Friday if she has to work. 

Today we woke up, fed the babes and Nick headed to the office. At their next feed, I laid both of them on my chest and all 3 of us passed out. I woke up about 30 minutes later and put them in their rock and plays. That was a great little nap with them snuggling with me. My heart is so full!

Knox had a great day yesterday in the spit up department. Today, not so much. Neither of them poooed today either. Correction: Pierce lit it up!  Only Knox is sans stool. 

I gave them a bath before Nick got home. It actually went surprisingly well. Neither of them cried hysterically like I thought they would. I started with Pierce and then wore P in the Katan while I bathed Knox. While I was drying Knox off, he proceeded to spew his meal from 3 hours prior. Poor baby. Reflux is the pits. 

No sooner had I started feeding them than did I smell Master P's blow out - and then I saw it - ALL OVER my boppy and then it migrated to my pants. Thank goodness for oxy clean and washing machines. 

I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall watching me. They were both crying because they were hungry. Knox started spitting up again as I was getting Pierce cleaned up. I had them both in the pack and play and it was a mess! Oh well. I tried to get them to smell good for their one month check up tomorrow. E for effort right!?!

Nick got home late with dinner in hand. Thank goodness. He helped me finish tidying up the boys and then we put the rock and plays in their room, laid them down and said our prayers. We are trying really hard to establish a night time routine. I've been reading a lot about it the last few days and I think we are headed down the right path! Wish us luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment