Thursday, April 2, 2015

April Fools

I think April Fools Day ( aka Nick's birthday) pulled a prank on us. What a day. 

First thing in the morning, the sprinkler guys and our handy woman showed up. The sprinkler guys were here for about an hour and a half while the handy woman was here from 8:15- 2. The sprinkler guys are going to have to come back to fix something else but the handy woman was not so handy. Ugh! She caused more trouble than good and charged us an arm and a leg.

The morning started out on the wrong foot with everyone showing up at the house so early - but to top it all off - Nick left his laptop and briefcase at home. I didn't realize this until about 30 minutes after Nick left the house. I called him and told him I could bring it to him but he declined my offer. He said he had too many meetings and he could do without it. I felt so bad for him. Not a good way to start your day. 

I had to move all of the boys play things from the living room to our master bedroom. I lugged the exercaucers, the bouncy seats, the play mat and the table for two into our room. Talk about a madhouse. It was a 3 ring circus in there. 

Michelle, the handy woman, worked on multiple cracks from our house settling and the ceiling in the kitchen where we've had a crack that was there when we moved. She made a Home Depot run halfway through the day and bought the wrong kind of texturizer. It was oil based and she used it anyway instead of going back and getting the right thing and not charging us for her mistake. Number one, it cost more than regular texturizer and number two, and most irritating - it smelled horrendous. The fumes were intense. All I wanted to do was take the babies outside. It was not good for them to breathe all of that in. Not only did she do that but we wanted her to re-glue our door handles that had come loose. Instead of doing that, she screwed them into our door. Yes, she added a screw!!! It sticks out like a sore thumb. Now we have to paint the screws and pray they blend in. 
Hallway

Spare room
Spare room
Master

Master bath

Screw in the door. 

Needless to say, Nick was not happy when he got home. I had arranged for Ballard and Sarah to come watch the boys so we could go to dinner and Nick had me cancel due to the events of our day. I felt like it was the worst birthday ever for him. I couldn't even go get him the cake I wanted to because I couldn't leave the house. 

Nick was outraged by the fumes as was I. I cannot even begin to explain how bad it was in here. It was borderline hazy from the texturizer. I had opened some windows and had my essential oils going to try and get rid of the smell.  Nick was smart and brought in the fan from the garage and set that up full blast as well as opening additional windows. I haven't seen him this upset in a very LONG time. 

Neither of us was hungry. I offered to cook dinner but Nick said "no thanks."  I didn't know what to do to make it better so I just cleaned the house. I was at a loss. 

It was a terrible,no good, very bad day. April Fools- you got us this year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment