Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Tutu and the Parhams

We had a great weekend with Tutu. She flew into town on Friday morning and we hung out for a while. Mainly we were waiting on the sprinkler guy because Thursday night, a sprinkler valve popped off in our yard and we had to turn our water off. Not a good thing when you have two babies in the house who need clean bottles!!!  Luckily the dishes were being washed before all this went down. 

We waited as long as we could and finally left. We had to get out of the house!  This momma was going stir crazy. We packed everyone up and headed to Northpark Mall. 

We did a little shopping with the boys. I was on the hunt for something for Nick for his birthday and I found nothing. Absolutely nothing. My mom, on the other hand, got him some really cool stuff from 'The Art of Shaving' that I think he will really like. 

Our go to restaurant with the boys is Matt's Ranchero. It's a really loud and busy Mexican restaurant that if the boys are being a little fussy, no one gets too bothered by it. It's very family friendly and the food is pretty yummy too. 

When we pulled up there was an ambulance. I didn't really think twice about it but when we walked in it was clear who it was for.  We had to wait for a table and laying down on the waiting bench was a woman probably in her 50's, completely passed out and talking to herself. She had clearly over indulged during happy hour. I overheard one of the waiters tell the cops that she had been there with her husband and he had left her!!! Rude!!! It made me a little nauseous watching her be assisted to the ambulance by the police. I'm sure she was charged with a PI (Public intoxication) and I was embarrassed and mad at her husband for her. If he didn't want to drive her home, he could have at least gotten her a cab. Some people are just so mean. 

Anyway, the boys were in rare form at dinner. It was their bedtime and they needed to go home. I hurried up and ate so I could take a baby, while Nick was able to scarf some of his food down too. Mom got her meal boxed up and we packed up and headed home. 

The fam bam at dinner. 

Knoxer boxer gave mom a hickey on her nose! Poor thing is teething like crazy. 

The boys went down and tutu and I chit chatted while Nick was outside with the sprinkler guys. They had not capped off the sprinkler correctly and had to come back out to fix it. They even had to make an almost 9 pm Home Depot run!  Luckily they fixed it correctly this time and we have running water again. Hallelujah!!!

P had a rough night. He was snotty and I had to nose Frieda him a few times which he hates! He was up a lot and this momma was sleepy! 

Saturday morning we got up and ready and headed to Grapevine to look at houses. Lauryn and Landon also met up with us and we all went to Esparza's for an early dinner. I loved seeing them and catching up. Plus it was my moms first time to see Lauryn and her sweet little baby bump! 

We headed back to Dallas and got the boys in bed. Knox was a little tough to put down but Tutu finally managed. Good job Tutu!

Mom watched the babies so that Nick and I could meet up with Brent and Aubrey and our friends Lauren and Steven at the car show. We had a good time and closed the place down. We then grabbed a cocktail at the Omni and then headed home. We were tired and wanted to get back to mom and the boys. 
Lauren, me and Aubs

Sunday morning mom had to fly out. We got up and at em. I made some more lactation cookies - this time with banana muffin mix and chocolate chips. They turned out pretty good! I also made the boys some organic sweet peas to try. The boys loved them!!!
Peas please!

Knox ❤️'s Peas!
So does P man!!!

I took mom to the airport and then ran to target sans kiddos. It was nice to get out for a minute. I hurried home to help Nick. 

We laid around most of the day and napped and played. Around 4:30 we decided to go to Lowes to get some stuff to plant. Everyone starred at us at Lowes and we for stopped a few times. My favorite question, "are they twins??" Really? No I just have two babies the same size...  
The LPs first trip to Lowes

We came home and planted a few things before it was time to get the LPs ready for bed. We did our nightly routine and tucked them in. 

Knox had a really rough night. He was super snotty and woke up every hour like he was struggling to breath. Poor guy. When he woke up, there was snot all over his face! 

Monday we went to the chiropractor and we all got adjusted. We then braved the grocery store again and on the way home, both boys fell asleep. I brought them inside and they slept for another 45 minutes. Mommy toting them along wears them out!

I attempted to take them outside to finish the gardening but there were too many mosquitoes so it was short lived. I got one pot planted. Better than nothing!

We played and ate and napped and played all day. And my sweet boys got their first dose of Benadryl last night in hopes of them breathing better. It worked!!! They slept great and today (Tuesday) Lena said they are a little snotty but doing well. 

My glimpse of P before I left for work. 

My glimpse of K before going to work. 


No comments:

Post a Comment