Thursday, March 5, 2015

Rough one

Monday went better than I expected it to but it was still a pretty rough day. The boys had been held all weekend and expected the same thing come Monday. (Insert big sigh here.). 

Days where they want to be held all day are the hardest for me. I want so badly on days like this to have 4 arms. I want to hold them and rock them and fulfill their desires. In reality, it's not possible. And that is hard. It's hard to sit and watch your baby cry and know why, but not be able to do anything about it at the present moment. 

I end up wearing one and trying to play with the other until the one I am wearing gets fussy, then I trade. Sometimes they don't like being worn and I try to carry one while playing with the other. That causes one or the other to cry. 

They are too big and active for me to do what I used to do. I used to put one in my lap and move my legs from side to side while holding one and patting his bottom. It was the best of both worlds and I usually had very little protesting. 

Playing with Pierce after his long nap 

Feeding Knox after his long nap


On the flip side, we did go to Cafe of Life and got adjusted by Dr. Autumn. Shortly after getting back in the car, both boys were fast asleep. Not good for mommy. I drove around a little and then brought then inside. They slept for about 10 min in their car seats and then woke up. I thought they were ready to play but we're pretty fussy so I put them in their mamma Roos. They ended up sleeping an additional hour and 15 min. They rarely do this and I was able to get so much done! Thanks boys. You got worn out this weekend!


So Monday was rough. By the end of the day we were back in our routine. They realized it was just mommy today and settled into what they know. Daddy had meetings and wasn't able to get home until after 9 so mommy flew solo again with bedtime and bottles. 


All in all, the boys did well. It's just an adjustment when there are lots if hands in deck to just two. But we survived!

Helping momma get ready for work. I brought them in the bathroom with me while I showered. They began by sitting straight up. By the end of blow drying my hair, they were tired and doing "the lean" 

No comments:

Post a Comment