Tuesday, March 10, 2015

HBD

Sunday Tutu had to go home. We spent the morning playing with the LPs and talking houses. Around 1, we had to take Tutu to the airport. We will see her again in 12 sleeps!

After dropping my mom off, we headed back out to Colleyville/Keller to look at more houses. We wanted to check out the other builder in Bridgewood Estates. 

We walked through the model and both of us liked it a lot. There are two of them currently being built and a third that will be built as they finish out the 50 lot neighborhood. We were also able to walk through the two being built. It's a 5 bedroom home with an open floor plan and pretty much everything on our wish list! We shall see what happens. 

Monday was my birthday. Nick made it a very special day. He took the morning off and all 4 of us slept in until 8:15! Nick got up with the boys and fed them while I enjoyed a cup of coffee in bed.  I then got dressed, played with the LPs a little and then went and got my first mani/pedi in what felt like forever!  And it took forever. I paid and headed home. Nick had to go to work. 

The boys were fighting their sleep so bad when I got home. Especially poor Mr. P. He was not wanting to go down. I gave him an extra little 2 oz to try and get him to calm down and changed his diaper. Within 15 minutes, this is what I had:
Sweet P

Knox woke up the second Pierce fell asleep so we played for a while and then it was time to feed. I jumped at the opportunity to breast feed and luckily Knox latched on immediately. I was afraid they may have forgotten since it's been a while. P woke up and started fussing a little but he did well while I finished feeding K. P was next. He didn't latch right away but when he did, he went to town and eventually fell asleep on me as he was eating. I didn't dare wake him up!  When both boys were finished, we packed up and headed to the chiropractor. We were all in need of a good adjustment!!!

It was a rainy, dreary day and there were only 2 people there so we didn't have to wait very long to be seen. We were in and out and home in record time. Since the boys slept so long we were on a bit of a different schedule and needed to feed again so we could get the boys tucked in for bed around 6:30. 

The boys fed while I pumped and then I worked hard to keep them awake for the next two hours. We did lots of tummy time and playmat time. I also gave them a sponge bath and changed them for bed. Then daddy came home:
My 3 men!

Matt and Sarah came over to watch the boys so Nick could take me to dinner. They helped get the boys down and then off to Sushi we went! Thank you Matt and Sarah!

Sushi was awesome. I am one of those people that has to be in the mood for sushi. We ordered way too much food but it was all delicious. I had a spicy tuna roll and ordered the Chilean Sea Bass as my entree. It was incredible and a great choice. I will be having it as leftovers tonight! 

Nick also stopped by Eatzi's on his way home and picked up a cake. While I was playing with the boys, I got a phone call from Nick asking me if I saw his wallet anywhere. Uh oh. I did see it - on his night stand. I told him whatever he was doing, not to worry about it. Nick came home with cake. The guy at Eatzi's gave it to him!!! He completely comped it. It makes me want to eat there even more!

My delicious red velvet cake 

The boys did great. I think Matt and Sarah only had to replace paci's a few times. Good job sweet nuggets. You make mommy and daddy so proud!

Reflecting back on my 31 birthday makes me tear up. I was newly pregnant and very few people knew. I knew it was twins and I was scared. I didn't know if they would make it and here we are, 365 days later, with two sweet almost 6 month olds who are growing and thriving. This past year was one of the most challenging years of my life but also the most rewarding. I am blessed beyond my  wildest dreams and so thankful and greatful for the gifts God has given me. I look forward to what this year has in store!!!! 32!!! Yowza!



No comments:

Post a Comment