Friday, March 6, 2015

Work and weather

Wednesday night, we had Grammy and Grandpa stay the night again. The forecast was calling for more snow and I was afraid Lena may cancel on me again. Sure enough, around 9 pm, Lena texted. She didn't cancel but she did ask to come 2 hours later. Nick suggested telling her to come at noon and G&G would continue to watch the LPs. Lena jumped at this opportunity. 

When we all woke up Thursday morning, we woke up to a winter wonderland. The street had not been travelled on yet and there was a perfect blanket of snow covering every house, lawn, car and driveway. It was stunning. And I was scared. I didn't want to drive in that! Nick didn't want me to either. We both got ready pretty quickly and we were out of the house in record time. Nick drove me to work and them headed to DU. 

I got to work faster than I normally do with Starbucks in hand!!! I clocked in at 0631 and went to help because it was busy!!! The snow did not stop the preggers from coming in! We were able to clean up the board a little bit before filling it right back up before we left. There was not an empty room to be had. We were all exhausted. The thing that kept me going??? These pictures that Grammy sent:
Handsome Knoxer boxer. "Yeah, I'm cute. Whatcha gonna do about it?"

Pierce and those dimples! Ugh! Love!!!!

I mean seriously, it doesn't get any cuter than this. These sweet boys had a good day playing and loved having their banana. G&G had to tag team feeding because they are starting to protest when the other is getting fed! What a mess!! Love these boys so much! Ugh! I cannot wait to squeeze them and love on them all day Friday!!!

My sweet, dear friend, Jill brought me home from work since Nick had to stay at DU for a dinner. G&G relieved Lena around 5 when the got home from running errands and they came home to two sleeping babies! No bueno!!! I'm going to have to tell Lena we aren't letting them sleep after 4:30. Grammy gently woke them up since we've been putting them down at 6:30 and said they played quite a bit to tucker them out for bedtime. 

When I got home G&G were making dinner and both boys were in bed. Pierce woke up and I burped him and rocked him back to sleep.  Not too long later, Knox woke up and I attempted to rock him back to sleep. All he did was stare at me with his big blue eyes. We had a starring contest. He won. I eventually decided to lay him down and see what happened. Low and behold within 10 minutes ( at the most) he was asleep!!! 

Nick and I are so grateful to G&G!!! Thank you so so much for loving on the boys and taking such good care of them. I am super excited because my mom will be here Friday too!!! I cannot wait to see her again and I know she's excited to love on the boys some more. She's so helpful and I am hoping we can get the boys out of the house a little. I'm sure they are going a little stir crazy being cooped up in here.  I know I would be !!!!

Pierce and Grandpa fighting over the paci




No comments:

Post a Comment