Monday, March 2, 2015

Wet weekend

We had a great, busy, cuddle filled weekend. Thursday evening, my parents drove in from San Antonio and reliefs Lena, our nanny while Nick and I were at work. They took over baby duty and the boys were in bed before I got home. I hate not seeing them on days I work. It hurts my heart. 

We ended up ordering my favorite salad and pizza from Fireside Pies and we chatted and got ready for Friday. 

The roads were not bad Thursday evening but the forecast was calling for more snow Friday. Friday, I was on call and fully expecting to be at work all day. You see, we have a few patients in the ICU right now and that takes one nurse per patient off the floor for the day to watch that mom and baby. It was my turn on Thursday and where I spent my day. Unbeknownst to me, they cancelled
Two people Friday morning. I got ready for work anyway because I had a feeling. 

We spent the morning playing with the boys. We decided to give some solids a shot. We had some bananas so why not right?!? I mashed up half a banana mixed with some breast milk we placed the boys in their bumbos. Off to banana land we went! It was HYSTERICAL!!!! Pierce couldn't get the banana in his mouth fast enough and  Knox, we'll he didn't know what to think. He gave it the stink eye for the first few bites but by the end, he was opening his mouth and asking for more by squealing. This is going to be messy but oh so fun!!!!

Mashed bananas and breast milk 

Pierce couldn't get enough!

Knox wasn't so sure.....

Around 8 or 9, the snow started really coming down. Papa and I ran to the grocery store to get stuff to make for dinner around 1030 because we didn't want to get the LPs out in the nasty weather. We got stuff for sandwiches, the fixings for tortilla soup and snacks - just in case. We made it home safely but had to take it really slow. The roads were covered in a blanket of white glistening snow. It was stunning but driving in it was a tad bit scary. 

As I was standing in the kitchen putting the groceries away, I got a text from my boss asking me if I could make it into work. I told her I would try. I threw my pump on because it was almost time and power pumped. I then put my clothes on and headed out in the terrible weather. All of the schools did early dismissal and guess who it took 45 minutes to get to work? Yep - this kid. I live 5 miles from work. It was awful. Everyone was out and everyone was scared because of the snow. Not a good combo. 

The two people they had cancelled had been called back in but couldn't make it due to the weather. Another two people had called in. I got to work, relieved a few people for lunch and gave people breaks. I monitored an ICU patient and then pumped and waited for a patient that I never got. Easiest time and a half money I've ever made :). Helped make up for my call in on Tuesday but I once again missed putting my sweet nuggets to bed :(

Mom had made chicken tortilla soup in the crockpot so we had that for dinner. Nick got stuck out at DU again. He ended up working the floor until late Friday night. Thank goodness he had his gym bag in the car with extra clothes and his toiletries. I'm missing my hubby. This weather is crazy. 

Saturday was spent playing with the LPs. We took them out in the snow and got some fun pictures. 

The Fam bam!

Mom (Tutu), myself and the LPs


And they ate more banana today!  Know was much more on board with it. Pierce of course, loved it. I wasn't able to get it in his mouth fast enough. I swear he could eat all day long. I love it!

Saturday night Nick and I made the drive out to Texas Motor Speedway for a Westlake Academy Gala we were invited to. It was a masquerade ball and seeing everyone with their masks was a lot of fun. I wish I had gotten a picture. We took professional ones so hopefully when those are ready I can post them. 

We had a lot of fun and got a lot of good networking in. I was even able to cut a rug for a while! I like the people Nick works with. They always make me feel so welcome. 

Instead of driving home Saturday night in the freezing sleet, we stayed at the marriott right across from TMS. We made it there safe and sound. I immediately started pumping (I was about to explode!) and both of us fell asleep with the tv on. I didn't sleep well. I kept forgetting I wasn't home and was listening for the monitor that didn't exist ;). I woke up again at 5:45 and pumped. I was up after that. 

We decided to try and look at houses since we were in that neck of the woods. So at 8 we headed out. Luckily the few realators we've been dealing with were nice enough to meet us and let us look at the two properties we are really in to. Here are a few pics of one we are going to place a bid on:

Kitchen from the living room
Dining room

Wine cellar
Media room

We made it home and Tutu and Papa filled us in on how well the boys had done. They then had to get on the road. I hated seeing them go but I'm glad my mom will be back next weekend. It's so helpful to have extra sets of hands. 

Grammy and Grandpa also made it into town from Utah and came over to see the boys with Uncle Brent and Aunt Aubbie Sunday afternoon.  They are going to help us out this week with watching the boys. I have a class all day Wednesday and instead of having Lena come, G&G are going to come love on the LPs!

It was a great weekend all in all and I'm a little anxious for Monday. The boys have had lots of attention and I am flying solo! Prayers appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment