Monday, April 6, 2015

Saturday Shenanigans

Saturday morning we went for a walk with one of the residents I work with, Kathleen. She's a good friend of mine and lives right down the street. She has a 16 month old son, Porter, who is adorable and loved the "babies."

We walked down Katy trail to Pottery Barn kids where I bought the boys Easter baskets. I had ordered them weeks ago - or so I thought. The online store was very misleading. Apparently all I purchased was the basket liners. I had them monogrammed and they turned out adorable but I was so disappointment there was no basket! Anyway, the store didn't have any baskets either so they ordered them for me and they will be here in a week or so. I'm so bummed. Big time mommy fail. I tried though. 

After PBK, we walked over to Starbucks and got a coffee and then headed back. We were only gone for about an hour and a half but it was nice to take a walk, get out of the house and visit with my friend. 

Nick was staining the fence when we got home. We had worked on it last summer and forgot a section where our gate opens so he was touching that up. It's time to spruce our house up! We need to sell this puppy!

I put the boys outside in their rock and plays and planted some more plants and cleaned off the back patio and table. 

Pierce 

Knox

They were so happy and loved being out in the cool, fresh air. 

Around 1:15, I took them inside to feed. It was also time for me to pump so table for two it was. I got all set up and was feeding the LPs when Nick knocked on the door. When I didn't answer it ( due to be locked down to the babies and my pump), he came around back. I heard him talking to someone and I assumed it was our friend Brad who was supposed to drop by. Boy was I surprised when Nick said, "I'm giving an impromptu tour of the house."  I looked up to see two strangers receiving a tour! Welcome to our house folks! I was embarrassed. Mainly because there was baby stuff everywhere and then because - well I looked like Bessie the cow with my pump hooked up and bottles in my babies mouths. Whatever though! You gotta laugh. It was quite comical!!!!

Brad stopped by and met the LPs for the first time. He stayed for about an hour and we caught up. The boys loved him and were happy until they got tired and it was nap time. 
Knox, Brad and Pierce

The rest of the day was spent doing laundry, trying to de-clutter and playing with the nuggets. We put them to bed around 7:30 and continued to work on the house. Around 9:45 we realized we hadn't really eaten all day and made dinner real quick. We watched a little tv and quickly fell asleep. It was an exhausting day!

No comments:

Post a Comment