Sunday, April 19, 2015

BBQ

Friday night, G2 watched the LPs so Nick and I could go on a much needed date. We ended up driving by a brand new restaurant called 504 and decided to stop in. It looked cool from the outside and it turned out to be their soft opening. It was mostly a seafood oriented restaurant. Nick and I split their turkey gumbo and then we both ordered chicken dishes. We steered clear of the seafood. Something about being new and so far inland usually does that to us. Anyway, we had a great time catching up and enjoying each other's company. Thank you Grammy and Grandpa for watching the boys!

Celebrating 13 years together!

Saturday I was on call and surprisingly/thankfully, I did not get called in like I usually do!  G2 had stayed at the house and we all got ready and headed out to the new house. Brent and Aubs even met us there! We showed them the house and then headed to a BBQ place. I'll be honest. I normally am not a huge fan of BBQ but this place was AMAZING. Usually when I eat BBQ I feel like I burp it up all day, smell like a BBQ pit and it normally gives me a stomach ache. This place did none of the above! We will definitely be going back!

Auntie Aubie and P

Grandpa and K

Brent and Aubs headed home after lunch and the rest of us headed up to Deloitte University (DU) to see Nick's work. The LPs did so good all day. After our tour, G2 headed back to The Colony ( where Brent and Aubrey live), while we headed back to the Big D. 

Grammy and the LPs 

We played with the boys for a while and I made homemade baby food. Before we knew it, the boys were bathes and it was bedtime. We got the boys down and then Nick headed to the store to get a few things. Namely WD40 for our fence. Earlier in the morning it decided to stop working for us. Ugh. One more reason I'm so excited to get into our new house!

Playtime!

Butternut squash and pears

Butternut squash!
Apples 
Apples 


Sunday we had a pretty lazy morning. Knox was up very early which meant I was up very early. For some reason - maybe lack of sleep?- both boys were a tad on the cranky side. 

Cranky and wanted their paci's. 

We introduced pears today! Knox was not a huge fan, while Pierce has yet to meet a morsel of food he doesn't like!!! 

Daddy trying to get Knox to try a little more pear

Pierce wanting more pears!

Knox has mastered the art of foot grabbing. 
Eyeballing the good stuff 


We decided to go on a walk and headed down to Knox street to look at furniture. We ended up walking about 3 miles and found some furniture we are interested in. Some at Restoration Hardware and some at Z gallerie. I was disappointed that Weirs was closed so we will have to do it again!!!

At RH

And this is how I spend a lot of my days....

Hooked up to my pump and feeding my boys. Multitasking at it's very finest! Have I mentioned how much I love my table for two!?!

The boys were exhausted from their walk and crashed after their meal. They were super tired before bed and crashed hard tonight. I'm praying for a better night tonight! 

Hope everyone had a fabulous weekend!!




No comments:

Post a Comment