Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Shots....again

Monday was our appointment for the LPs next round of shots. This completes our 6 month shot record and we are up to date until 9 months. Woo-hoo!!!  

Our appointment was at 0800. We got up, got ready and we were actually on time! 

Sweet P. Waiting at the office. 

Knoxwell. Waiting at the office. 

Uh-oh. Here they come....
Boo for shots. Makes mommy want to cry too. 

Pierce handling it like a champ and sporting his cool band aide. 
Knox needing some daddy snuggles afterwards. 

The boys did well, as they always do, but had a little bit of a rough day. We had to stop at Wal Mart on our way home because the garage door was left open Sunday night and a TON of mosquitoes were in our garage. I had to pick up some mosquito repellent to "bomb" the garage with. We were in and out because it looked like it was about to pour!!!!

The LPs fell asleep in the car so I drove around until they woke up. We then went in and I fed them before playtime ensued.  
We then headed to Cafe of Life because we were all in need of an adjustment.  The boys did great and Autumn said they both needed it!  I had a feeling they did!!!

We made it home before the rain and after about an hour and a half to two hours, they were getting super fussy. I tried to put them down but both of them screamed. They screamed at everything I did. I changed them, rocked them, put them in their bouncy seats then in their mama Roos. To no avail. They screamed. 

When it was time to eat again, I breastfed them. Pierce took a short 15 min nap and Knox fell asleep eating. P started crying and as I went to put Knox down to pick Pierce up, Knox woke up SCREAMING. This happened twice. I too, was on the verge of tears. Ok. Let's be honest. I bawled my eyes out. I felt completely helpless. Nothing I did was helping. Absolutely nothing. I felt defeated. 

In between crying sessions, I would get a few laughs and giggles and they revived me. I was feeling like a failure as a mother. All I wanted was for them to be happy ( and rested.) And it wasn't happening.  It was breaking my heart. 

Bath time usually gets me some smiles. The boys outfits had left them filthy - there were so many fuzzies in between their toes and fingers! It was disgusting! So into the bath tub they went!! And boy did I get some smiles!!

Pierce man

Knox man

I got them both almost ready for bed before pure shrieking began. I got their bottles ready, gave them some Tylenol and fed them at 6:20. Definitely the earliest I've ever put them down at. Nick made it home shortly after I began feeding them and he helped continue the feed. Neither LP fell asleep while eating. Knox actually continued to scream and wouldn't let Nick put him down. Pierce fell asleep shortly after I laid him down. We eventually had to let Knox "cry it out". Horrible. 

Luckily, they did well through the night. I am so thankful for that. Poor loves. So tired. Plus I had to work today (Tuesday) 
I was baby nurse and we had 10 babies. Boy do my feet hurt! 

Daddy got the boys ready and down for the night. He sent me these pics at work:


Knox
Pierce

It's a process getting ready for bed. Nick does such a good job with them. It warms my heart!!!  



No comments:

Post a Comment