Wednesday, December 31, 2014

What a year!

Where to start?!? All day I have been reflecting on this year. At this time last year, we had completed an IUI and I was throwing a New Years Party here at the house. The house next door was not finished being built yet and I was about to go part time at work due to infertility treatments. 

You know that saying, "the days are long but the years are short"? Well I can completely relate to that. These days, our days can seem endless - when both babies are super fussy or colicky and nothing we do seems to make it better- but the years - well they seem to fly by. I am still amazed at how quickly this year passed and how much it changed our lives for the better. One year ago today, my prayers were vastly different than they are today. I wouldn't change any of it for the world. 

As we embark on another year that is sure to pass just as quickly as the last, I thank God for the gifts He has given us. Not just this past year but every year. Despite what I thought at the time, I know that His plan for me is more than my own could ever be. And this year, I want to live surrendering to His will and letting go of my "ideal". 

Here is to a blessed and prosperous 2015! Happy New Year to all!

Happy New Year from the LPs!

No comments:

Post a Comment