Wednesday, December 10, 2014

It wasn't so bad...

Today was my first day back at work. And it wasn't that bad!!!  

Yesterday was pretty bad. I cried off and on all day in anticipation of the day ahead. As much as I wanted to go back, catch up with all my friends and do what I love, I didn't (and don't) want to leave my boys. But it was inevitable. I had to go back. 

This morning I decided I had two choices. To make the most out of my day or to be upset about it. I chose to make the most out of it!!!

Last night I programmed the all important coffee pot for 4:20, made all of the bottles for the day and for my clothes ready. I wanted to be as prepared as I could be. 

The boys did great. They slept from 6:20-12, we fed them while I pumped and then they didn't wake up until a little after 5!!! Good job LPs! I was up at 4:45. I rinsed off and pumped while I got ready for work. By 5:30 both boys were changed and in the table for two being fed. I had to leave at 10 after 6. 


I stopped and got a Starbucks and parked in my new parking lot. After 7 years I'm finally moving up in the world! Thanks Baylor! 

Shawna, one of our supervisors, was with me for the day. I had to get back into all of the systems, reset all of my passwords and remember everything I was supposed to do!

We got report on our patient who was supposed to be going home but ended up staying. It was advantageous for me. I got to pretty much start from scratch. My IV skills were tested again and I got her delivered before I left. She kept me busy and that's what I needed. 

I was surrounded by so much love and support which helped tremendously. I was able to pump 3 times and I'm hoping and praying that my production doesn't decrease. I'm not exactly the fastest pumper. Jill kept reminding me that I'm pumping for TWO! It was just what I needed to hear. 

I couldn't get home fast enough. I was peeling my clothes off as I walked through the door. Both boys were wide awake and in my head, they were just as happy to me as I was to see them!

No comments:

Post a Comment