Monday, December 22, 2014

Sunday, call day

Sunday I brought home the big bucks. I had texted my sweet friend Charlotte early Sunday morning and asked her to give me a heads up if things got hairy at work. At the time, one person was delayed so I thought I might be ok. Nick went to work (they have a lot to do while everyone is home for the holidays) and the LPs and I spent a leisurely morning playing and feeding. At 12, my phone rang, I was getting called in. Boo. I immediately hung up and frantically tried to get a hold of Nick. When he answered, I updated him on what was going on and he was on his way home. Char was pushing with her patient for a few hours and had no idea it was so crazy on the floor. She felt awful she wasn't able to give me warning. It really was ok though!

The boys had been breastfeeding when I was called in. I hurriedly wrapped things up, put them in their mamma Roos and jumped in the shower. I was covered in spit up and was just plain gross. I got myself ready, changed the boys and basically slapped Nicks hand as I rushed out the door. Tag! You're it babe! We only have an hour from the time we receive the phone call to when we clock in. I literally made it right on the money. I was running in the parking lot. 

Nick was awesome and sent me pictures while I was at work :)

Nick was sweet and had gone to Starbucks and gotten me a latte around 9. I was so busy with the boys and then getting ready, that I had barely taken two sips. I brought it with me and still didn't get to finish it until around 5. I think I reheated it about 6 times- not exaggerating. 

I had some interesting patients. One who was refusing everything and one who was on drugs. Needless to say, I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off. It was no bueno.

After work, I snuck up to visit Jared, Kelly and Jackson. Jackson is so big and squishy. Ugh! He had the sweet smell of newborn that I wish I could just bottle up and inhale on a daily basis. Something about how a newborn smells is so intoxicating. Even today, the boys have a scent that I wish I could find a way to bottle. Especially their sweet breath. I love it. 

All day today (Monday), I have felt like it's the middle of the week. I'm not used to working weekends and it has thrown me for a loop. 

The boys and I hung out today and I loved on them as much as I could. My parents are on their way in for the holidays and I know I'm not going to get a whole lot of time with them with lots of people to cuddle them around. They are a tad bit spoiled when the grandparents are around ;)

We are supposed to have our make up 3 month photo shoot tomorrow but our photographer wasn't feeling well today so it may not happen. Hoping she starts to feel better and the boys cooperate at their next session. 

3 more sleeps until Santa!

No comments:

Post a Comment