Sunday, December 28, 2014

Sometimes I cry....

I'm sitting here holding my two sweet nuggets with tears streaming down my face. Never in a million years did I think I would be doubly blessed- especially when I didn't think kids were in our cards. God has blessed us beyond our wildest dreams. 

I'm crying tears of happiness. I'm so glad they are here safe and sound and I pray they know how much they are loved every day. 

I'm crying tears of fear. I fear what other kids may do or say that may hurt them. I fear them getting hurt - both physically and emotionally.  As their mommy, I want to do nothing but protect them from harm. The reality of life though is that they will know pain and they will get their feelings hurt. I pray Nick and I raise them to be strong enough to overcome all obstacles that come their way with dignity and grace. 

I'm crying tears of love. A love I've always heard of but a love I never knew. My heart could burst I love these two tiny humans more than I ever thought possible. They fill me with a happiness I never dreamed possible. 

I'm crying tears of relief. Relief that my pregnancy went as long as it did and that they got to cook as long as they did. Relief that I no longer have to prick my finger or stay in my bed. Relief that they are healthy, happy, thriving 3 month olds who are growing and changing every day. 

I'm crying tears of awe. I am in complete and utter awe of Gods creation. What did I ever do to deserve this awesome gift? I am in awe of Gods grace, His love and His story for my life. 

I cry because I'm a hormonal new mommy and my tears are for the most incredible gift I've ever been given. So LPs, know that mommy may cry sometimes. Her tears are because she loves you more than you'll ever know. 


No comments:

Post a Comment