Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Christmas Eve 2014

My how different this Christmas Eve was than last year. Last year, we had our second IUI on Christmas Eve and my prayer was for it to take. I may not have my two boys if it had. Gods plan is so perfect. It may not be in our "perfect time" but He has written our story long before we were even a twinkle in our parents eye. 

Last year I had a very heavy heart. Nick and I were trying to stay positive but the burden of infertility was weighing heavy on us. As Christmas time approached, I remember having a conversation with God. I was over bargaining with him and begging him for kiddos.  I prayed for the first time that if God didn't have children in His plans for me, to please take the desire away from my heart. I couldn't take it anymore. Praying this prayer was hard. I'm not going to lie. I so desperately wanted to become a mother, but I also knew that I had to trust in Him. He who sent his son, on Christmas Day, to save us from our sins. He sent Jesus, who paid the ultimate sacrifice that we may be forgiven and have everlasting life. 

I still have to pinch myself sometimes. We really have two little guys that are our world. God granted me what my heart had longed for. And more!!!  I could have never predicted we would be doubly blessed. What a wonder He is!

This Christmas is even more special than I ever imagined it could be. As I look at my two sweet LPs, I think about Jesus in the manger. I think about Mary and her delivery of the newborn King. Little did she know what her son would grow to do!!! My prayer today is that my boys grow up knowing the reason for the Season. That they become Godly men who exude peace and joy because they have the Heavenly Father in their hearts. Their happiness means the world to me. 

My heart is so full and we have so much to be thankful for. Our prayers were answered beyond our wildest expectations. I have several friends who are experiencing the same feeling Nick and I were having in 2013. My prayer is that God grants them the desires of their hearts. In the meantime, I pray that Nick and I can be a glimmer of hope for them. 

Happy birthday, Jesus. May everyone remember what this time of year is truly about. Merry Christmas!


Here's a look at the LPs first Christmas Eve:

Morning snuggles in their crib!

Cuddles with mommy after she didn't have to go to work

Practicing sitting up in his bumbo!

Smiles from Knox

All the LPs - Knox, Jackson, and Pierce

Visiting with Aunt Martha - aka our triplet - at mommy's work 

Knox practicing sitting up in his bumbo

Santa came!

We read, "Twas the Night Before Christmas" and left cookies for Santa and carrots for his reindeer!

No comments:

Post a Comment