Saturday, December 27, 2014

The LPs first Christmas!

Every year we say we are going to go small for Christmas.  We never do! This year was no exception. Everyone outdid themselves. 

I was blessed enough to be cancelled from work. I knew I had a chance because my name was drawn as #6 to be delayed but I knew there was also a chance I would have to go in. I am so thankful to have been able to spend the day with my family. We had a leisurely morning playing with the boys, eating yummy cinammon rolls, and spending time together. 

Around 1:30 we headed to The Colony to see Brent and Aubrey's new house and celebrate Christmas with the rest of the Jobs. We had a great time celebrating the birth of Jesus, opening presents and dining on yummy food. We feel blessed every year but even more so this year. The boys had no clue what was going on but boy was it fun unwrapping their gifts and talking about what our future Christmases will be like!

We came home and unpacked all of our new goodies and put the boys to bed. As I was pumping and reflecting on the day, I envisioned what it must have been like to be Mary. I know that when I hold the boys in my arms, I am completely in awe of these precious gifts God has provided for us. I can only imagine how Mary felt, holding Jesus in her arms the night he was born. Knowing that he was brought to do more on this earth than humanly imaginable. That this baby she gave birth to would live a selfless life so that we may be forgiven. That his love could conquer all. Wow. Happy birthday Jesus. You truly are the reason for the season. 

Nick, myself and the LPs

Papa, Nick, Knox, me, Pierce and Tutu

Missing Brent and Aubs




No comments:

Post a Comment