Saturday, December 6, 2014

DU Christmas Party

My mom flew in Thursday afternoon. She is amazing. She came in to help me get organized before I return to work next week and to watch the LPs so we could go to Nick's Christmas party at DU  (Deloitte University). 

Thursday we went to Snyder Plaza and found the boys outfits for Santa. We then picked up lunch and my dry cleaning. We came back to the house and the organization ensued! We went through all of my drawers and got rid of things I haven't worn in forever or are too old and ragged that I needed to get rid of them. I then felt compelled to do Nick's.  That was an adventure; however, we are now organized and ready for action!

Nick brought home Velvet Taco and we hung out catching up. Mom and I sent Nick to the spare room so that he could get a good nights sleep and we took care of the boys. They did great! We fed them at 8 and again at 2 and they slept until 7. #winning!

Friday morning, Nick was up and at em and headed into the office. Mom and I got up and fed the boys and got ready. We were supposed to meet Jenny, Drake and Myrick to see Santa at 10:30. First we had to swing by Baby Bliss and get a different Santa hat. We didn't realize one was an x-small and the other was a medium! That's not gonna work!

Northpark was a zoo as it always is during the holidays. I thought it might be a little better since we were going on a Friday but boy was I wrong! 

Santa runs off a number system. We got #180 and were told to return around 1230 to see if we could get in. Sounds like a plan! Off to Breadwinners we went for lunch!  After lunch and strolling the mall for a little while, it was time to check back with Santa. 

Luckily we didn't have to wait too terribly long. I believe we waited about 30-45 minutes. It was enough time for mom and I to change the babies clothes and diapers as well as feed them. 

The boys did great! They stared at the lights overhead and I'm pretty sure Santa was enamored by them. He couldn't stop starring at them :). 

When it was time to take a picture with all 4 kiddos, it was a riot! Sweet MyMy had a complete breakdown while Drake just wanted to help everyone :). Best picture ever!!!

Nick had a car sent for me and I was off to DU to meet all of Nick's new coworkers. And boy are there a lot of them. I was wishing that we had name tags but that wasn't an option :(. 

I really enjoyed myself. Nick works with some great people and he is much appreciated by them all. He was talked about so highly and I couldn't be more proud!

We came home and mom had had a good night with the boys. We fed them and off to dreamland we all went!




No comments:

Post a Comment