Friday, November 14, 2014

What a day

Today was challenging in every aspect. The morning was great. My sweet friend Kate and her daughter Tucy stopped by to visit the boys. Tucy was so good with them. I just love her sweet spirit! And Kate gave me a lot of positive reinforcement that was much needed. Her friendship means so much to me. She is one of the most insightful and open people I've ever met. 
Kate, Tucy and the boys

The boys and I were supposed to meet a friend for lunch but by the time I had us halfway ready, both boys were screaming at the top of their lungs and I was almost in tears. Needless to say, that was cancelled. Thank goodness there are understanding people in this world!!!

The rest of the day was spent feeding, changing and consoling my crying babies. I could not put them down. Not even for one minute without screaming ensuing. My solution- wear one, carry one. Not ideal but it worked.they were bathed and ready for bed at 6 pm.  Pierce finally passed out around 7 and Knox and I made dinner. Jumbalaya  to be precise! What-what. Just call me Susie Homemaker ;). I kid. We've had grilled chicken salads and sweet potatoes for weeks now. I decided we needed to mix it up!

Ready for bed!

I have never been more excited to see Nick than I was today. We ate dinner, fed the boys and then I headed to the bathroom for a much needed bath and 30 minutes of "me time". It was amazing. 

The boys are passed out and mommy and daddy aren't too far behind. Here's to a better day tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment