Friday, November 21, 2014

5 on Friday.

I have a little twist on my 5 on Friday this week. I am doing 5 things that I am thankful for. There are so many more- I could go on forever!

1.  My mom and papa. They are incredible people who have had my back no matter what. They love the little presidents so much and I am beyond thankful for all of the love and support they've always given me. They have been especially helpful this week. Mom flew up to Dallas and drove home with me and the boys for Thabksgiving. My dad has been so helpful with feedings and loving on babies. It's was exhausting being on my own while Nick was on his business trip. Thank you mom and papa. I love you so very much. 


2. My vehicle. We have a 2012 GMC Yukon Denali  that I lovingly refer to as "Molly the Denali". I am especially grateful for it since we drove home to San Antonio yesterday. It's the perfect size for me and the boys. They require a lot of stuff!!!


3. My glam squad as I love to call them. Since I went on bedrest at 24 weeks, I wasn't able to get home to have my hair done. I've been going to Abby and Vikki for quite a few years. They hooked me up with an awesome hair guy in Dallas but they are my girls!!! Thanks for always making me feel beautiful!

Left to right:
Vikki (Knox), me and Abby (Pierce)

4. I am thankful for surgeons. Today one of my good friend and a fellow nurse who took care of me while I was in the hospital, had a hysterectomy.  My mom's best friend, Beth, had reconstructive surgery after her double mastectomy for breast cancer today. I am thankful for their amazing surgeons and for steady hands. I am praying they both have a quick and easy recovery. 

5. I'm thankful for infertility treatments and reproductive endocrinologists. I would not be a mom today without them. It was a difficult season in my life - wanting to be a mom more than anything in the world and struggling with God's plan for Nick and myself.  My patience was tested to say the least but through it all, I became closer to Him. Maybe that was why, I don't know, but I'm thankful for it. I appreciate these two precious  gifts more than words can express. They are our world. Nick and I are over the moon and closer and stronger than ever. We are thankful I was able to stay pregnant for 35 weeks and that our boys are healthy and home with us. Currently, we have several friends who are dealing with infertility and the gazillion emotions that go with it. Its a roller coaster ride that no one wants to go on. I love being able to pray for them and I love encouraging them. I pray that seeing the boys gives them hope. God performs miracles every second of every day. And we have two of them. 


Injectables and HCG shots we used to become pregnant 


My two big follicles before IUI


Nick and I the day of the IUI that worked 


My positive pregnancy test two weeks later. 


Hospital bedrest at 33 weeks. 


The night I went into labor and delivered the LP's


In the recovery room after my c/s with my two little miracle babies. 







No comments:

Post a Comment