Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Missing the hubster

Nick has been in Las Vegas since Sunday. It really has gone surprisingly well.  The boys have been great. They are pretty good at their routine - play, eat, play, sleep, cry, change diapers, repeat ;).  Monday was the hardest because of their shots. The fussiness was a little overwhelming. I'm so thankful for Jill and Whitney!!!

Tuesday, we had Lena come for an extra day. She watched the boys from 8-12. I got the oil changed in my car which took F-O-R-E-V-E-R!!!!! I was long overdue and with mom and I driving to SA Thursday, I needed it done! I had called and made an appointment Monday but that didn't seem to make a difference. On the up side, I was able to catch up on here :)!!!

After getting my oil changed, I dropped off Knox's prescription and ran by the bank. It was nearly noon by that time so I headed home. 

The boys were napping and I tried to get a few things done around the house before their next feed. After the 2 o'clock feed, both boys were up and fussy. We got lots of snuggles in. We fed again at 5 and then Kate and Tucy came over. Kate had slaved away all day on her amazing kale salad I love and guess what? Poor thing forgot it at home. I can SO relate. I've done that more times than I care to admit. That didn't stop Kate. She got in the kitchen and whipped up an amazing salad for the 3 of us. I was super impressed. We watched Frozen with Tucy and Tucy loved on the boys -assisted of course :)

Kate, Tucy and Knox 

We had a rough night Tuesday. One of the boys was awake at all times. That meant mommy was awake at all times. Poor LP's. I think they are still recovering from their shots. They were a fussy bunch. 

Wednesday, my friend Andrea came over before her OB appointment with Dr. G. She is due at the end of December with a little girl named Harper. She visited with us for a while and then Lena came to watch the boys. 
Andrea and P

Lena with the boys

I headed to the chiropractor and got adjusted. I then went to Nordstrom rack, the Bloomingdales outlet and home goods. I was able to pick up a few Christmas gifts and I bought myself some new jeans!!! I'm so glad I was back in my old jeans 2 weeks PP. It didn't look the same for quite a while but in the last 3-4 days, I've started looking a lot like my old self. My uterus is finally almost back to it's normal size! I need to start exercising but need to talk to my OB because I'm afraid I have diasteses recti ( more on that later). I'm hoping to get back into shape pretty quickly!!! For now, these boys keep me busy enough. :)

Lena went home and I was back with my sweet littles. My mom flew in from SA around 9. We did their next feed and got ready to head out in the morning.

To say I was exhausted would be an understatement. Mom and I slept with one baby on either side of us. Pierce woke up a few times and Knox did well. We were able to get about 4 hours of sleep consecutively. I call that a successful night!! 

Thursday morning we got up and around. We had every intention of getting on the road by 9:30. We were on the right track and out the door by 10. I was pretty impressed with us. However, we had to stop by Walgreens to pick up Knox's Zantac which I was told would be ready by Wednesday afternoon. It wasn't. I ended up having to pay for it out of pocket ( which wasn't a biggie ) and wait 20 minutes for them to fill it. That left us at around 10:35. Since we were already running late, why not get a Starbucks and be a little later ;)?!?!  I pulled into Stbx and mom ran in and got our drinks and a bite to eat. We finally hit the road at 11!!!


The little presidents did awesome in the car. We had fed them right before we left the house and we made it to Waco before stopping at Cracker Barrel to eat and to feed them. 

I was not prepared for all of the attention we received at CB. It was crazy. One older lady came by to chat while we were feeding the babies and started touching Pierce.  The mama bear in me came out. She couldn't walk away fast enough before I had the hand sanitizer out and was bathing P in it! I still will never understand how people you don't know think it's ok to touch your baby. Please people, if you don't know me, don't touch my babies. I don't know who you are, where you've been or what kind of nasty germs you have! STAY AWAY!!!
I feel better. Mommy rant is over!

We got back on the road. Mom took over the driving so I could pump. We hit some traffic in Austin and it started to rain which made it worse. We were almost to San Marcos when my fuel light went on and beeped at us. Oops! I had a little under 3/4 of a tank when we took off from Dallas and I had meant to fill up in Waco. Luckily we made it to the outlet malls, filled up the car with gas and swung into the Kate Spade outlet. We fed the babies there and I tried on a few things but wasn't really loving anything so we headed out. 

Papa was waiting at the door for us with Louis when we finally got home. It was around 7 and we unloaded the boys and all the gear and luggage. I am praying hard that I have not forgotten anything. 

Mom and Papa put me and the boys downstairs in their bedroom. I am so appreciative of this. It's easy access to the kitchen and I'm hoping and praying the boys cries won't wake everyone up in the middle of the night. 

We spent the next few hours talking, feeding babies and getting settled in. Mom ran and got us dinner at Taco Cabana and we scarfed it down before another feed. 

Nick flew in safely from Vegas and made it home around 1030. We sure do miss him and he sure does miss the boys. We were going to have him fly home this weekend but the ticket cost $422 for less than 36 hours home with them. There are other things we would rather spend that money on  - like diapers ;)

I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving. I haven't been home for a major holiday in almost 10 years. This year we have SO MUCH to be thankful for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment