Saturday, November 15, 2014

Sip and see!!!

Our sweet friends Landon and Lauryn, along with Allison and Scott and Lauryns mom, Stephanie, threw us a Sip and See today. I was hospitalized when the original baby shower was planned and boy was I devestated. I tried to con Dr. G into letting me escape to my shower but I was told "absolutely not!" I knew it was for the best but I was still so bummed. I'm thankful they were able to reschedule it to now and I am so excited for everyone to meet the boys. 

The boys had an awesome night last night. We fed them at 11 and they slept until 3:45. Can I get a "what what!!"  Boy was this mommy happy!!! Pmoney didn't really go back to sleep but he did pretty well in his rock and play. We were right back on track for their 8 o'clock feed. I'm hoping this wasn't just a fluke. Even if it wasn't, I'm grateful for a decent nights sleep. 

Mom and Mary Kay ( MK or KK is what we normally call her) drove into town yesterday. It's been awesome having them here and watching them love on the LP's. They have been a huge help and love to feed them, cuddle them, and change them. It's been a true treat!!! 

This morning we all got up and ready - slowly. It takes a while between changing, feeding, and burping the LP's. It's amazing to have so much help!!!  

Nick ran some errands he had and on his way home got me and my mom lattes from Starbucks. He knows what this mommy needs and wants!

We finally got out the door. I was aiming to leave really early and we did!  Not as early as I had planned but early nonetheless. I wanted to make sure that no one got there before us. There is nothing worse than being late to a shower someone is throwing for you!

The shower was amazing. I was thrilled with how many people were able to make it!!! The decorations were gorgeous and perfect. There were little touches that I am sure not many people saw but me. I LOVED it! They worked really hard and you could tell :). 

The boys did great. They were their sweet selves and loved everyone's cuddles and snuggles. They stayed awake for quite a while and had two outfit changes :) It means the world to me  that everyone was able to meet them and love on them. They are our little miracle babies and everyone there has been praying for us and them for a long, LONG time. No words can express how thankful we are for their love, support, prayers and friendship. Nick and I marveled at how incredible our friends are and how blessed we are to have them in our lives. 

When we got home it was almost 11. We fed the babies, watched tv and ate ice cream :). Perfect ending to a perfect day. 

Ps: all the pictures are on my good camera. I will try to post some another time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment