Thursday, November 13, 2014

Lena

What a blessing it is to have found a nanny that you feel comfortable leaving your children with. I truly feel blessed to have Lena in our lives. She was a true answer to prayer and I am so greatful we are able to have her take care of the boys. 

I found Lena through a Facebook page, Baylor babies. It's for moms who have delivered or are going to deliver at Baylor. Although I've never met the person who recommended her, we did personal message each other and she came highly recommended. This lady no longer needed her as much because her twins were going to be starting school. That's right folks- she's had twins before and that perked my interest in and of itself. When we interviewed her, we liked her a lot. We interviewed another potential nanny but she didn't come close to Lena. I liked the fact that we are her third set of twins, she has two adult sons, and she is willing to teach them Spanish! I truly believe God put her in our lives at the perfect time. 

She comes once a week now that Noel is back in Utah. We have her on Wednesdays from 10-2. She still works for two other families very part time and until I go back to work next month, this works out perfectly. She gets to know the boys and we are building a friendship/trust with one another :)

Today, Lena watched the boys while I did my thing. First stop,Starbucks. I made the mistake of buying decaf coffee to try to help with Pierce's fussiness and gas. HUGE mistake. Number one, how does one survive on decaf?!? Yuck! Pointless and truly doesn't taste the same AT ALL! Number two, it did absolutely NOTHING to help P with his gas or fussiness. I tried- no cigar!!! Tall sugar free vanilla latte extra hot coming right up!!!

Next stop was Cafe of Life.  I got there before it even opened and there was already a line! Crazy. I got adjusted and showed Autumn and Tom the pictures of the boys in their onesies that they had given us. Too stinking cute!!!

After CoL I got my eyebrows threaded and then headed over to the nail place for a manicure. Next time I will take my own polish off. It took forever! Grant you, it's been 3 weeks and only two of my nails chipped. She did a great job and luckily I got the same lady, Ann, again. I'm hoping that my shellac lasts just as long this time!!! I love my color. It's so ... Fancy!  It's gold sparkly. I can't remember the name but it's #178 on their nail samples :)

Kroger and the bank were my last two stops. I got all of our groceries except for diapers. Of all things, Kroger had ZERO Pampers swaddlers in newborn size. So aggravating. I'm going to have to get some at some point soon. We have enough for a day or two...

I got home and got a full report from Lena. She stayed and held P while I put the groceries away.  I love that she tells me everything that they did. From tummy time to reading books (in English and Spanish!) to who had a dirty diaper (neither of them :(. )

I fed the boys and they both napped - this rarely happens anymore. I was able to get some laundry done and put away. Our cleaning lady, Hilda had come to clean this morning so my house is in ship shape!!!

The witching hour was upon us come 5 o'clock. I have done nothing but hold these sweet LPs for the past 2 hours. And loving every second of it!!!

It's been a mcflurry kind of day and Nick is on his way home with one for each of us! Cheers!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment