Saturday, November 8, 2014

Week in review

I didn't do a very good job of posting this week. So sorry. I've been enjoying my nightly tandem breastfeeding which has replaced my blogging time. I'm going to try something different next week. I'm choosing to give myself grace as I cannot get these precious moments with my boys back and I know they are going to be gone in the blink of an eye. 

Monday, Noel was supposed to come hang out with us but cancelled because she had to help Keith get a table out of storage for Brent and Aubrey's new house. I was bummed and definitely could have used a second set of hands. Both of the boys wanted to be held all day. I tried my best but I couldn't satisfy them both. We all cried a few times today but we made it!!!



Me trying to hold them both. They were super squirmy at times making it impossible to hold both. I was extremely thankful for my boppy pillow! Screams ensued by whoever was in the boppy, but I could usually buy about 5 minutes with it :)

Tuesday, my sweet friend Becky came over to visit. She took care of me when I went in at 27 weeks and has a set of boy/girl twins of her own. She gets it and when she offered to watch them for a minute so I could run an errand, I jumped at the opportunity. I ran to the store and got a few groceries so that we can make it through the week. Becky will never know how much this meant to me! I am so so bummed that I didn't get a picture of her with the boys. Not to mention she brought me an amazing latte and croissant!!! If you read this, thank you Beck. From the bottom of my heart!

Pierce on left, Knox on right

Wednesday, Lena came over from 10-2. We went over dates for her to come over before I return to work and I was able to give her what I have of my work schedule. I then got adjusted (which was much needed) , got a latte and spent too much money at Target :). It was pouring rain and Traffic was terrible. I made it back and Lena helped me with the 2 o'clock feed before takin off. 

Monday I found out that Noel and Keith were heading back to Utah on Friday. Noel and Keith were going to watch the boys on Saturday so we could go to a concert we committed to a few weeks ago.  They were going to stay at our house and spend some time with the boys. Now that they are heading out early, I needed to try and find someone to watch the boys - and fast. I was hoping and praying Lena could do it.  Lucky for us, Lena said she is available to watch the boys Saturday. Thank you Lena!!!! She was very excited about it because she wants to get to know the boys more. She is so good with the little presidents, and I am so thankful that God put her in our lives. 
Grammy and Grandpa with the LP's

Daddy taking a much needed nap after work. It was a rough night last night. 

Thursday, I met up with Jenny, Drake, Myrick and Charley at Neimans. It was so nice to catch up and hang out with two of my favorite little ladies. Drake turned 4 on Monday and MyMy is getting so big. She will be 1 the day after Christmas!!!

We enjoyed a long lunch over a glass of Savignon Blanc. Just like old times!!! We then went on the hunt for some baby hair gel. It was a bust :(. I guess Knox's hair will continue to be unruly!

We said good bye to Charley and walked the mall. We used to do this 2-3 times a week after Myrick was born and Jenny was on maternity leave. I loved that we were now doing it while I was on maternity leave. It all came around full circle. I remember being a little -ok VERY -sad after we would walk because I wanted to be the one pushing the stroller with the baby(ies) I had dreamed of and wanted so badly.  I cried when we left and I was in my car. I thanked God for this incredible blessing He has bestowed upon us.  Never in a million years did I think I would be walking the mall with not one, but two beautiful healthy babies who I love more than they will ever know.  God is so good. Although I was frustrated with His plan for us many many times, I am beyond thankful for the journey He led us down. I am a different person in the best way. 
Aunt Jenny with P and Uncle Charley with K. Drake and MyMy happy as ever!

Friday, I met with one of my favorite PostPartum nurses, Darci. We have always been friends but she saw a different part of me while I was on PP. She was there for me on day one eventhough I had a different nurse. She wrote her number on the board and I was able to call her whenever I had a question or concern. She was raw and honest with me in every way and it was just what I needed. While I was in the hospital, she told me she was pregnant! I could not have been happier for her!!! At the time she was 5 weeks and I was one of 3 people who knew. I didn't tell a soul! This week she is 12 weeks and the cat is out of the bag! So now I can share her joy with the world!  

We met at Corner Bakery at the mall and had a long leisurely lunch. I brought her my Doppler and a bunch of books on pregnancy that I had. I'm so glad I have someone to share those things with. 

We caught up on life and cuddled with the boys. We got A LOT of stares and a lot of attention from strangers walking by. It's so funny how much attention twins get. Even walking around the mall, I could hear several murmurs- "look, twins!" "Oh my gosh they are so new!"  I have to laugh because I used to be one of those people :)

Darci with the LPs

We got home and Pierce was stirring. I needed to pump so bad! I hooked myself up to my pump and fed Pierce. While I was pumping, sweet Whitney stopped by to drop off our tickets to the concert Saturday night. She stayed and helped me feed Knox and cuddled and loved on the boys. I love our friendship. She is a true friend and I love how God brought us together. 

 Whit snuggling Master P!

Knox on left and Pierce on right after their 8 pm feed Friday night.

It's Saturday morning and I am playing catch up. Pierce had a terrible night and was up every hour so I have been up every hour. I know this is such a short season in my life which makes this state of exhaustion I am in totally worth it.

 We have a busy day planned with Drake's birthday party this afternoon and the Eli Young concert tonight. We shall see what the day brings. In the meantime I am going to lay back down. The housework and laundry will have to wait a few more hours. Right now I want to continue snuggling my boys and embracing the moment. Love love!!!

Knox on left, Pierce on right



No comments:

Post a Comment