Monday, November 24, 2014

Weekend with Tutu and Papa

Friday my dad went to work but mom was off. We got up, got theboys and   ourselves ready, and headed to the hair salon. I was in dire need of my glam squad!!! 

Tutu and P with his "thinker" look. Love!

Vicki and Abby worked their magic and I walked away refreshed and renewed!!! 
Abby and the boys

Vicki with Pierce, me, and Abby with Knox

After my hair appointment, mom and I had a leisurely lunch at one of our favorite little mexican restaurants.  We fed the boys and then headed to do a little shopping. We found a few awesome things at Nordstrom Rack! We also were stopped by several people because of the twins. One person had a set of 8 year old girl twins and she told me the first year was a blur. I believe it. That's part of the reason I'm doing this!!!

We headed to H-E-B to get some groceries and while we were shopping, we heard rain and thunder. Uh oh. Sure enough, it was POURING outside. The sweet carry out guy helped me get both boys to the car while mom checked out. We all made it safely in the car and home. Papa helped us unload the car and the boys. It's always an adventure!

Tummy time at Tutus!

We ate dinner followed by ice cream :)! Perfect Saturday night if you ask me!!!

Sunday we got up and around. We fed the boys and headed out to Bulverde to order the boys Christmas presents. My mom and dad are getting them matching Jon Hart bags. Nick and I have a lot of Jon Hart pieces and I want the boys to start their collection. I'm really excited about them! It also helps that everything was 20% off. That is rare for Jon Hart!

Afterwards we stopped by Ms. Vicki's. She had been busy putting up her Christmas decorations and her house was like a winter wonderland. The boys are going to love going over there when they get older. She had 8 trees up!!! We visited for about an hour and then headed to Beth's. 
Tutu with Pierce and Ms. Vicki with Knox

Beth and Wayne sold their house and are building so they are currently living in an apartment. Beth had her reconstructive surgery Friday after her double mastectomy. She was in good spirits and I thought she looked great! She was moving slow but nothing unexpected. 

When mom and MK were in Dallas for my sip and see, we went to Northpark. It's one of the few malls that has a Spanx store. The doctors want Beth in Spanx because they did liposuction to give her her new breasts and she needs the compression. So mom bought her a few options and we got her all hooked up. Please continue to pray she has a speedy recovery that is complication free. 

Getting loved on by Annie, Beth's dog!

After our visits, it was time to get the boys home. First, we needed food! We stopped by Las Palapas. Unfortunately, what I ordered was not what I thought it would be. I don't think my mom's meal  was what she thought it would be either -so dinner was a bust. Mom ended up whipping me up a yummy salad and all was well. 

Sunday night we tried giving the boys a little more breastmilk before putting them down to see if they may sleep longer. Our theory would have worked had Pierce eaten his whole meal. Unfortunately he gave up with an ounce left and woke up SCREAMING at 3:15. Oh well ;). Nothing a little breastfeeding can't fix! I love my one on one feeds. They don't happen often when you have two- unless you are ok with always feeding! I am not...it only led to pure and total exhaustion for me. Anyway, Knox ate his whole 3 ounces and snoozed until 5:30!! We will try again Monday!

Love that they are in the same position! They look so much alike! 

Hope y'all had a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment