Sunday, May 31, 2015

On call and the weekend

Thursday evening Tutu and Papa braved the storms and drove in from San Antonio. I was on call Friday and they were going to watch the LPs in case I got called in. 

Thank goodness they came in because guess who got called in?!? Yep - me!  Luckily I didn't have to stay all day and I was able to get home to the fam bam!

The news was forecasting more storms and flooding so my parents decided that it would be best if they went ahead and drove back to SA. I'm sad it was such a short trip for them but I'm glad they made it home safe and sound. 

Brent and Aubrey offered to watch the boys for us so we could celebrate our anniversary. Nick and I got them down for the night and had a fabulous dinner at a place called Dino's. I had the Chilean Sea Bass and Nick had the filet. It was amazing. The waitress must have heard us talking about our anniversary because she brought us dessert!




Saturday we packed up and took the boys to an appointment at Direct Buy. We listened to their pitch but decided it wasn't for us. It seemed a little ... Fishy.  According to the salesperson, we can "go ahead and keep wasting our money". He was a piece. 

Chick-fil-a was on our agenda for lunch. We went inside and fed the LPs and then ate ourselves. We were right next to Grapevine Mills so we thought, why not?!? We headed that way and did a little shopping. I got a new pair of tennis shoes and Nick got some shorts for our Mexico trip. There were a lot of baby shops that I cannot wait to visit during the week when the mall isn't so crazy busy. 

We came home and played with the LPs before getting them ready for bed. Sweet boys. They had a really good and busy day. They make me so proud at how adaptable they are. I love it!



Saturday night was a bit of a disaster. Both boys were up multiple times during the night. We fed them and changed diapers and got them back down. I think this weather has them in a tizzy at night. I'm looking forward to some sunshine!

Sunday was our 7 year wedding anniversary. I got up at 7 to pump and let Nick sleep in. Pierce woke up around 8, followed by Knox around 8:45. It was nice to spend some one on one time with each of them as I fed them their bottles. We played and read lots of books before daddy woke up and came to play with us too. 




Nick had to go into work for a few hours so the LPs and I hung out some more. We did bath time and played. I was able to unpack a few more boxes my parents had brought up while the boys napped. 


When Nick got home, I was able to shower and get ready and we headed to Esparza's for lunch/dinner. Plus- we wanted margaritas!  The boys were a blast. P was talking up a storm and loving getting his puffs! Knox was laid back, taking everything in. 

Mommy and Pierce

Mommy and Knox

Daddy and Knoxer boxer!

Daddy and Master P

Mommy and daddy celebrating lucky #7!

We stopped by Messina Hof (a local winery) and picked up our wine of the month bottles. We also received a complimentary glass of champagne. Cheers to 7 years!!!!

Monday I worked and missed my LPs. I'm ready for some serious snuggle time!


No comments:

Post a Comment