Thursday, May 21, 2015

Working girl

What a week! And it's not even over. Tuesday I worked and it was a long day. I didn't really bond with my patient and the day kind of drug on. 

Wednesday I had simulation which always gives me anxiety. This year was no different. It went smoothly but boy was I relieved it was over. Besides that, the boys were up a lot between 2:50 and 5. I nursed Pierce back to sleep and Knox was in need of several paci checks. I was exhausted. 

After my class, I came home and relieved Lena. She had an appointment at 1:30 and I was rushing home!!! The boys did well for a little while - only as long as I was holding them. If I stepped away or went to the bathroom, Knox would whine and Pierce would shriek. Not to mention we have the AV guys in our house installing our surround sound. I felt like all I did was apologize for their screaming. Luckily everyone was gracious saying, "they are babies. That's what they do!"  If only everyone was like that. 



Nick scheduled an appointment for an estimate for shutters. Wowza is that going to cost a fortune. Nick and I have to decided which rooms are our priorities and which ones we can live without them for a while. Decisions, decisions, decisions. I wish we could do them all. I think it's going to drive me nuts not having them all done. We are going to get some more estimates so hopefully we can find someone with lower numbers. Eek!!!

I packed the boys up and went for a short walk. It was pretty hot so I didn't want to overheat the LPs. Knox fell asleep and I decided to head up to Sonic and get a drink. Pierce fell asleep on the ride there and I drove around a bit to try and let them keep sleeping. 

When we got home and unloaded, major crying was had by all for a good hour. Even while eating cereal. It was a DISASTER. Knox cried the whole time I fed them and Pierce shoved his hands in his mouth and smeared everything all over the place. A bath was necessary so off I went - one at a time. 

I bathed Knox first and had Pierce buckled into the table for two. I was trying so hard to get Knox to calm down. Luckily it did - for the moment. As soon as I was done, he started crying harder than before. And this is how I found Pierce who cried the entire time I was bathing Knox :


Not good. Not good at all...

Pierce was next. Typically he loves bath time and splashing around. He wasn't having it today. I got all the oatmeal off of him and got them both completely ready for bed.  There was no way we could wait for daddy tonight. 

They both finished their bottles and went to bed without much of a fuss. Both were asleep within minutes of me laying them down. Poor guys were exhausted. Their little cat naps don't do them much good. I really wish they would take two hour long naps a day. I'm not sure how to make that happen. They seem to love their 20 min power naps every few hours. 

We had terrible storms pass through last night. The only room that has a shade on the window is the LPs room. Even in there it is a paper shade so it gets the job done but not when it's storming. Both boys were up a little before 4. Nick tried to take the monitor out so I could get some sleep but they were both crying so loud it wasn't possible. I got up and helped Nick make bottles. Pierce went back down after his. Knox needed more and didn't go back down until 6:45 according to Nick. 

Lena texted me at work today and said she had both boys asleep in their cribs for nap time!!! She's so awesome! I wish I could do that!! I'm going to keep trying. I wonder how she did it?!?

It's been a long day at work and I am ready to go home. The drive in was rough this morning. I could barely see 10 yards in front of me, it was raining so hard. Hopefully my drive home will be better!!!  Yay for no work tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment