Friday, May 22, 2015

Finally Friday

And what a Friday it was!!! The boys had a great day today! Terrible night last night, but GREAT day today. I'm thinking it had a lot to do with the 2 HOUR nap they took!!! That's right folks, a 2 hour nap. I kept checking on them, hoping they were ok!
Sleeping angels. 

The morning was fun. They played in their exercaucers and then I gave them free range to roll around. 


And boy did they roll!

Pretty soon it was nap time and on went their two hour nap. I'm still pinching myself about that one. I was so productive! I got a load of laundry done and folded and put away. I ironed both of the new shower curtains and unsuccessfully attempted to hang the shower curtains. Gonna need Nick's help for that one. I made the grocery store list  and did all the dishes.  To top it all off, I even pumped and flipped through a magazine. What what!?! 

When the boys woke up I was armed with bottles and mashed banana. I fed the LPs and then we packed up and headed to Tom Thumb. I'm usually not a TT fan because it's expensive but just about everything I got today was a deal. Holla!!!  

I know I'm a sight for sore eyes pulling a cart and pushing a double stroller through the aisles. I got some weird looks but hey, we all have to eat to live. Jeez! 

Luckily there was someone to help me out with my groceries because no sooner had I jumped in the drivers seat, did it start to pour. And I mean POUR. I could barely see 10 feet in front of me. I pulled into Sonic and got myself a route 44 diet cherry limeade and braved the rain again. We made it home safe and sound and I unloaded the boys and then the groceries. 

I put the boys in their bumbos and entertained them with some yogurt melts while I put stuff away and started dinner. Knox was awesome with reaching down and then putting it in his mouth. Pierce on the other hand wanted me to do it for him. Silly guy. He's the one who always has his hands in his mouth. I thought he'd love feeding himself. So wrong. 

We then went up to the game room/media room and played. I pumped and they started to get fussy. I knew it was almost nap time. I took P downstairs with me to put my milk away and when I came back up, this is what I found :

Oops!!! Mommy missed her opportunity here. 


It was a short nap for both of them but I'm not complaining after this morning. 


Nick got home around 4:30. I've been here waiting for the verizon guy most of the day. Guess who didn't show up until 6? Yep, the verizon guy. Right in time for bedtime. Rude!! I hope all is clanking doesn't wake my sweet babies up. Grr!!!



I'm looking forward to having some internet and cable. First world problems right?  It's just been eerily quiet and I like background noise. I've been playing a lot of music for the boys. Not that they care but I do!

Here's to a fun weekend of hopefully getting everything unpacked and organized!

No comments:

Post a Comment