Monday, May 4, 2015

Fussy Day

P woke up bright and early this morning. We were able to cuddle with him and get him to wait until his brother woke up to feed. 

Breakfast was served in the table for two.  I always feel a little guilty after they have had a weekend of no TFT. But I know they don't care. They are getting fed. That's what the LPs care about!!!

Lena came at 10 to watch the boys so I could pack. I got the rest of the kitchen done and had hopes of working on my room but that will have to wait until the boys are in bed. I had to pump which took out 30 minutes and then I had to run to the store which took up the remainder of our Lena time. 

Lena and I talked about getting the boys on a new feeding schedule. I bought rice cereal and we are going to start trying that. In fact they got their first taste of it today. And I think they liked it!!!




We are going to try feeding them their bottles and then 30 minutes later, giving them their cereal and fruits/veggies. We will see how it goes!!!

After Lena left the boys took a pretty decent nap. Pierce slept for an hour and half but Knox was only out for 45 min. Knox got some one on one time. We took out the trash and walked around and got some fresh air outside and then we played "stand up" on mommys lap for a while. It was time for me to pump again and Knox was not pleased when I put him down. I ended up holding him the entire time I pumped. Pierce woke up about 20 min in and I felt terrible as he whined from his mama Roo but this lady was stuck!

In came the cereal. They really didn't seem to mind it but they were hollering for their bottles by the time they'd eaten their food. I think giving them their bottles first may solve this problem. We shall see!

Next up was Cafe of Life. We ALL needed to be adjusted. The boys went first and they both did excellent as always. I am so glad they don't seem to mind it. I really do think it has helped with their reflux and the shape of their head. Pierce especially. 

Waiting at COL

Since they were already in their car seats, I decided to take them on a walk when we got home. It wasn't a far walk but it was a walk nonetheless. It's supposed to rain all week so I wanted them to get as much fresh air as they could. 

I didn't realize that it was getting close to bedtime until I noticed Knox was asleep and then I looked at my phone! Oops! We headed home and ran into daddy on the way. He got out of the car to see the boys and then we all headed towards the house. Once inside, we shut everything down for our bedtime routine. 

We gave the boys 6 ounces again tonight and they both drank it without a problem. However, the little cat nap that was taken may have prevented them from falling asleep immediately which is what they usually do. Instead, they were both awake and jibber jabbering. I want to think they were talking to each other. 😉 this lasted about 20 min or so before they were both out like a light. P woke up a few times around 1 but it was fixed with a paci and a kiss. 

I'm hoping that their new routine of eating every four hours goes well tomorrow. I'm anxious to hear what Lena says! Until then....



No comments:

Post a Comment