Sunday, May 3, 2015

Celebrate!

 Saturday was a bit of a whirlwind! It started out with Pman waking up early and Knoxer boxer laying in bed with Tutu. After breakfast it was time for bananas!!!

While mom and Nick were taking care of the boys, I got ready for the day. It was going to be a busy one. 

At 8:30, Nick and I met with the contractor at our new house while Tutu stayed with the LPs. We had our walk through. Our dear friends, Landon and Lauryn came by to help us. They finished building their house last June so they knew what we should be looking for and what questions to ask. They also helped us inspect the house. I took pictures of everything with my good camera. 


We did have a little wrench thrown into the mix. Apparently sometime between 5 pm Friday and 8:30 am Saturday, one of our air conditioners began to leak. Lauryn had noticed a water line on the ceiling upstairs and I had noticed water pooling on the floor. We showed it to the contractor and he was on it! Before we left, there was someone there fixing it all. Luckily, other than the ceiling, there was no water damage to the stairs or wood floors. Praise The Lord!

Next stop was our new favorite BBQ place, Meat U Anywhere. We are thinking about having it catered for Landon and Lauryns couples baby shower. It was delicious as usual! And I think L2 enjoyed it too!!!  

L2 was kind enough to let use their house to change for our next stop, Jeff and Alma's wedding shower at Grand Cru in Fort Worth. Before we could change, Landon had to share his new toy with Nick - a dirt bike!!!  I envision many days at their house in our near future!đŸ˜‰

Before we met with the contractor, we had stopped at Sonic. Nick needed a coffee and I needed a route 44 diet cherry limeade. The route 44 ended up being where I kept my Breastmilk. I pumped while we were doing the walk through and then again on our way to Fort Worth. I had no shame asking the bartender at Grand Cru to store my milk. They did it without batting an eye!

It was so good to see Jeff and Alma!  We've texted often but haven't seen them since the babies were itsybitsy. Jeff has lost a ton of weight and Alma is as beautiful as ever.  They are just radiating and I am so excited to watch them become husband and wife. 

Jeff and Alma

Me and Alma 

The shower was beautiful and I loved celebrating this special couple. June will be here before we know it!

Mom (Tutu) was awesome and sent me some pics of the LPs. 




I'm pretty sure she had an absolute blast with them and they love their Tutu. It's nice to be gone all day and know that they are in the best hands. We sure did miss them.

We brought home Velvet Taco for dinner and played with the LPs. Before too long it was bedtime and the boys were exhausted. Tutu wore them out!!!

We ate dinner and then started packing. We ended up getting a good portion of the kitchen boxed up. It's hard for me because my ADD kicks in and I get overwhelmed by all I have to do. Sometimes I just stand in one spot and look around wondering where to begin and what to do. It's not a good thing  

Knox woke up around 1030 and I nursed him back to sleep. Poor guy just started screaming at the top of his lungs. He must be going through a growth spurt and/or teething. We shall see. 

Sunday morning the boys were up bright and early. 5:40 in fact. Pierce was restless and moaning and I needed to pump anyway so I nursed him and laid him down hoping he'd go back to sleep. He did. For all of 20 minutes while I fed Knox. So the Jobs and Jimerfield were up! We played with them and then they napped in our arms. My mom and I were in baby heaven when this happened. 

Daddy and Pierce going for an early morning walk. 

Tutu had to go home today so after she got ready we had to say "see you later". Luckily we are going to see her and Papa a few times this month!

Nick and I continued to try and pack. I'll be honest, it was really hard with the babies and made me super thankful that Lena is coming this week to help us out. They were a tad on the fussy side today and really wanted to be held. We did a lot of baby wearing today. 

We went for a walk before bed to give the boys some fresh air. We stopped by our neighbors, Pat and Joe's house to tell them goodbye. We sure are going to miss our sweet neighbors. 

The boys enjoyed the fresh air and were ready to hit the hay when we got home. We upped their feed to 6 ounces in hopes that they would sleep longer. No such luck as P was up at 5:40 this morning BUT we didn't have to go put pacifiers in all night so I am calling it a win!!!!

Hope y'all had a great weekend. It was so good to have tutu here and the boys were spoiled rotten. We love you Tutu!!! Can't wait until our next visit!


No comments:

Post a Comment