Monday, May 11, 2015

My first official Mother's Day

It was surreal to experience my first official Mother's Day. There was a time didn't think I ever would. Fast forward a few years later and here I am with the LPs and experiencing more joy than I ever thought possible. 

Last year was an amazing unofficial Mother's Day. My mom (Tutu), Noel (Grammy), Mary Kay (MK), myself and Nick all went to brunch. At brunch I felt flutters for the first time. It was incredible. I had everyone put their hand on my belly and they were all able to feel the flutters/kicks. I looked forward to feeling more and boy did I!!!

This year, both boys woke up uber early - 4:30! It was storming all night and tornado sirens were sounding so I'm not surprised by their early arousal. The upside was that I got to nurse them. And I nursed them back to sleep! Yay!!! We all slept in until 7:30 when Nick's phone rang. It was the movers telling us they'd be at our house by 9. Perfect! Nick would have time to go pick up the Uhaul.

When I got up, there was a set up of presents for me! My mom had gotten me a Tory Burch bag that I adore  and a plaque that says "No one else will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you're the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside."  I've seen this quote before and it always warms my heart. Thank you mom. I love it!!!




Nick and the boys spoiled me too. Nick had asked me what I wanted for Mothers Day and I had told him I would like a Tory Burch fit bit holder. Well I already knew the one I wanted was sold out because I tried to buy one for my mom for Mother's Day. So in place of the one I wanted, I received a gift card to purchase it when it becomes available again along with a plastic fit bit holder for the meantime. Not only that (which was more than enough!) but he and the LPs also got me a silver bracelet that's engraved with "Knox and Pierce" and is signed on the inside by my three men! Very thoughful and unique. I love it all and felt very special. 

At 8:30, the phone rang again. It was the movers to tell us sorry but the weather was too bad so they couldn't help us out. Awesome. Nick then had to find us another set of movers which he was hesitant about doing. Luckily Brent and Aubrey had arrived and Aubs and I were insistant on hiring another set of movers. Nick was able to find two guys who were willing to come help us out. Hallelujah. In addition, our sweet friend Ballard came to help us too. Mimosas for everyone!


Pierce was not liking all of the commotion going on around him and was VERY fussy. Knox was pretty fussy too but not like Pierce. At 11, I called a girlfriend I work with and asked her to please come over and watch the boys because I wasn't really able to help pack.  She was there for 4 hours and we were able to get so much done!!!



Packing took ALL day. To the point where it was 7:30, and the boys were up way past their bedtime and absolutely loosing it. I felt terrible but I had to leave and take them to the hotel. 

I got the boys down and for the first time ever, they slept in the same crib. We have the pack and play with us and we will use it the rest of the time we are here but I was unable to get it set up before they were both sound asleep. 

Nick dropped his phone during the move and it stopped charging so his battery died. Brent was kind enough to let Nick borrow his phone until he can get a new one so that we can communicate. Thanks Brother. 

Nick drove the uhaul out to DU and parked it there. At DU, it will be under constant security and I am so thankful for that. I'm hoping and praying that everything makes it out ok. Time will tell. 

I was getting worried about Nick. I had dozed off and he still wasn't home when I woke up at midnight. I knew we had to be out of the house at midnight and I was hoping he wasn't still there. When I called Brent's phone to check on him, he was on his way to the room at our hotel. 

The boys slept beautifully. They had barely napped all day so this was a blessing. Especially since I had to work Monday morning!  I hope this week goes well and I am looking forward to being in our new home. Until then, a happy Mothers Day to all and let the adventure begin!!!!

My fir bit reading from moving day!!! Crazy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment