Thursday, May 28, 2015

Review

I realized I never blogged about Sunday! Oops!  Well Sunday we had our first ever teenage baby sitter come over, Rachel. She came highly recommended from a coworker of mine who lives in the area and Nick and I were excited to give her a shot. 


We had Rachel over while we were still home. We thought it would be a good idea since it was her first time with the boys and she's never babysat for twins before. Plus, we REALLY needed to get the boys room finished. 

Rachel did a great job and we were able to get the boys room completed (other than hanging a mirror).  Anytime she had questions she came downstairs and asked us. She kept them entertained and she said she had a good time. Plus at the end, she hung out with me for a little while and answered my questions. She is graduating next week and she is going to go to the local community college for the next two years. Then she plans on transferring to UNT followed by med school at Texas A&M. She wants to become a pediatrician. 

We really liked her and the LPs seemed to like her too.  Nick and I are looking forward to having her watch the boys occasionally so we can have a date night!

After Rachel left, we played with the boys for a bit and then Landon and Lauryn came over with tacos in hand. Sweet friends. They played with the boys for a while and then Nick and I got them ready for bed and put them down. 



We ate dinner with L2 and then sat around and talked for a few hours. I love being so close to them and I love that the babies won't be too far apart. They are going to be the best of friends. I can feel it!

Tuesday, I was supposed to work but I got delayed all day! It was such a blessing because Pierce was up a good portion of the night with what seemed to be a tummy ache. He woke up at midnight shrieking. He sounded like he was in a lot of pain and it broke our hearts. P is a screamer sometimes, but nothing like this. The poor guy was in pain. We brought him into the bedroom ( so he wouldn't wake Knox up), gave him some gas drops, and then I nursed him. After about 45 minutes, he was back asleep only to wake again at 5:30. Poor guy. I was tired and so happy to see Lena at 7. I crawled back in bed and slept until 9:30. I then pumped and did some unpacking. 

Around 11 I headed out to run some errands - in my scrubs - just in case. After going the wrong way and getting lost, I went to Bed Bath and Beyond and got some hangers, a shoe rack, and a shower caddy. I then hit up Carter's that was next door and got the LPs some cute new outfits and some shorts that they were in desperate need of. TJ max was also near by so I stopped there and got a cover up for Mexico and a photo album to try and organize some pictures I had printed a while back. Next stop was an eyebrow wax and the grocery store for a few things. 

I called L&D to see how it looked for me around 3. They had 6 patients on the board so I figured I was safe. I headed home to unload all of my loot. 

At home, I assembled the shoe rack I had bought and got my shoes organized. By the time I was finished with that it was nearly 5 so I had Lena head out. The LPs were pretty fussy. We played and then I fed them and started getting them ready for bed. Lena said they had not napped well so I knew they were just overly tired. 

Nick came home as I was feeding the LPs and we finished putting them down. They had a great night. We needed it. 

Wednesday we hung out all day and played, played, played. We played so hard that sweet P fell asleep in his exersaucer. Not once, but TWICE!!! Poor guy!

First time he was worn out

Second time he passed out ( food coma!)

I especially loved Wednesday because I was able to nurse the boys all day. 

Knox passed out in my arms. 

I also got a bloody nose from Knox.  Oops!! We were playing and he grabbed my nose with his sharp nails and scratched. Boom! Mommy had a bloody nose. Won't be the last time I'm sure. 

Hope everyone is having a great week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment