Thursday, May 14, 2015

2 days with my boys

Monday was a work day for mommy so my angels were asleep when I got home. 

Tuesday was a fun day with the boys. We spent the morning playing and then around 11 we headed out to run some errands. 

First stop was Red Oak Drug in Red Oak. We drove about 30 minutes each way for me to pick up Domperidone. Domperidone is a drug to help increase milk production. It's a hard medicine to get because it's a compound drug and not many pharmacies make it. Luckily, ROD will send me my refills!! Yay!

Next stop was the mall and where we spent most of the day. When we got there it was time to eat. We went to Nordstrom where they have a sitting room so I could change their diapers and nurse the boys. They did great!
Knox while nursing. He was comfy!

Sweet P!


We walked around for a while. The boys got LOTS of attention. Everyone wanted to stop us and ohh and ahh at the LPs. I didn't mind as long as they didn't touch them and get in their faces. Boundaries people!

When they began to get fussy, we atopped in a dressing room in Dillard's. I laid out their blankets and let them roll around while I nursed each of them. It was good because they got out of their car seats and were able to play for a while. 
Knox

Pierce

Eventually the boys napped! Yay!


Around 4:30, we headed to the hotel. The boys played and played and played until bedtime. I decided they needed a bath. Nick got home around 6 and we tag teamed bath/bed time routine. 

We had a bit of a rough night between 8-12. Both boys woke up a few times in need of paci's and snuggles. Luckily they slept from 12 on. In fact, Knox slept until 7:30 and Pierce slept until 9! I had to physically wake P up or I think he would have kept snoozing. Sweet P was tired! That and I think the black out curtains helped!

Wednesday the boys ate and played for a bit. Then it was time to head to the chiropractor. First stop though was Starbucks for this tired mama. Luckily there is one attached to the hotel. We were quite the entertainment while my coffee was being made. Everyone wanted to see the LPs. I love their questions. My favorite being, "are they twins?"  Hmmm..... 

The boys and I waited about an hour before we were seen. They both fell asleep on the way there and Knox woke up first. I played with him for a while in my lap while P slept. When Pierce woke up, he was ok in his car seat so I left him there. We all got adjusted and headed to Crisp Salad to get lunch for mommy and Kelly. Kelly was kind enough to let us spend the afternoon at her house so we could do our laundry. 

I started a load while Knox slept in his car seat and Pierce was wide awake and ready to play. Unfortunately, P was having one of his screaming days. He pretty much squealed and screamed the whole time we were at Kelly's other than when I patted him to sleep. It was a rough day and I felt SO BAD for Kelly. She was trying to keep Jackson calm and happy while P just wasn't having it. I'm so thankful for her sense of humor about it all.  And for letting us so our laundry!  Hotel living isn't too bad if you can keep your clothes clean!

After doing laundry, we headed back to the Fairmont. The boys had had it and so had mommy. I put the boys in their exercaucers and got everything ready for bedtime. It was going to be an early night for them. And for me! Work tomorrow. 

Praying the boys have a better day than they did today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment