Saturday, January 3, 2015

Word

Last year, I chose a word that was going to be my word of the year. It was hope. I hoped that I would become a mommy. I hoped I would get pregnant. I hoped that I would carry a baby (babies) to term. I hoped that what I desired was in God's plan. I hoped to be a better wife, friend and above all, a better Christ follower. My hope was guided by prayer. And He answered my prayers beyond my hopes. 

This year my word is joy. I pray I find joy in the day to day things. From enjoying 5 minutes of quiet time with The Lord every morning, to enjoying 5 minutes of a fresh cup of coffee. I pray I find joy when my kiddos are having a difficult day, as well as when they meet new milestones and we have so much to celebrate. I pray I find joy daily at simple tasks such as making bottle and doing laundry. I pray my attitude is one of joy each and every time I assist in bringing new life into the world. I pray I find the joy in every thing that I do. 


What is your word of the year? What are you striving for as we embark on another 365 days???







No comments:

Post a Comment