Monday, January 26, 2015

Sentimental Sunday

January 25, 2014 will be a day I never forget.  This was the day of our last IUI. No matter what happened this time, we were moving on to IVF in February and Nick and I were ready. We were pretty relaxed this round of IUI and were leaving for a wedding in Utah so I don't think either of us felt much pressure this go round. 

Lo and behold, this was the one that worked. Never in my wildest dreams. I was at peace with the thought of IVf. I had done injectables with this last round of IUI so I knew I would be able to continue on without a problem with IVf shots. I was convinced that was the route we were to take. 

Today, I reflect back on that day, and every other hope filled day, when we walked in for procedure after procedure. I think of the many women and men who come in and out of that same office month after month. I pray for each and every one of them. And for all couples experiencing any struggles with conceiving. When your heart desires something so bad and it's not happening- it can be heartbreaking. 

My faith in The Lord was strengthened throughout our journey. Without Him, this wouldn't have happened. Without all of the people praying for us, this wouldn't have happened. 

Today, if you have some time, please say a prayer for those who desire a baby. Whether or not they are going through procedures to become pregnant, trying on their own, or are exploring other venues, please pray for them. That they will find peace in God's plan and that in some way, shape or form, they will have the desires of their heart. Pray for those who may be carrying a baby via surrogate. Pray for the health of the mom and baby who is making the difficult decision to give her baby up for adoption. Pray for the adoption agencies and fertility clinics. For the doctors and the nurses. Please pray for all involved. Including the daddies. It's easy for them to feel lost in the midst of all of this. 

Thank you for taking a little time out of your day to do this. I know it was important for me during our journey. And I am reminded daily of God's grace when I look into both of my sons beautiful blue eyes and see their smiling faces. 

One year ago, we were blessed with not one, but two fertilized eggs. Two little guys that grew and matured and are now in their cribs sleeping as mommy thanks God for the beautiful blessings He has given her. Thanks be to God. 

Mark 11:24
"Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours."

2 Corinthians 4:18
"We fix our eyes not on what is seen, but what is unseen. For what is unseen is eternal."

Jeremiah 29:11
"For I know the plans I have for you" declares The Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."





This is my hope. This is my future. Thank you Lord. 

No comments:

Post a Comment