Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Mommy and me

We went to our first "mommy and me" lunch yesterday at Northpark's Breadwinners. It was so much fun! My sweet friend Kelly ventured out with her little boy, Jackson to join us. 

I recognized a lot of the girls because most of us go to the same chiropractors at Cafe of Life. It was exciting to get out and meet new people. Plus, it's always nice when there are people who want to help feed babies!




The LPs did fabulous! Much better than Sunday! I swear their little bear outfits are their favorite. Two of my favorite doulas, Melissa and Laura ( the hostesses) helped feed the nuggets. I then bundled then up in their bear outfits and within 5 minutes, both boys were out. They slept through Kelly and I pumping, Kelly feeding Jackson, and doing a lap around the mall. They didn't even flinch when we got home so I left them in their car seats asleep while I finished up laundry, washed their bottles and picked up the house a little. 

I had to wake them up! I was afraid they wouldn't sleep at night if I didn't!!! I breastfed them for about an hour and enjoyed every second of it. I know I've said this before, but I absolutely adore looking down and watching their sweet faces as they eagerly eat. My letdown is so fast and they quickly slow down their pulls.  I love hearing them suck and swallow. I especially enjoy watching them come to a stop, pull away, and smile while they are still attached but not yet ready to be finished. 

After eating they sat in their bumbos. As long as they can see me, they do really well. They sat in the kitchen while I made bottles and then I brought them into the bathroom so I could shower. They did better than ever. Mommy showered and dried and curled her hair before a total meltdown ensued by P man! Only solution when he gets like that - wear him! The second I strapped him on, he was O-U-T!





Nick got home and took over while I went to Kelly's to watch The Bachelor. This is our third season watching it together and I was really looking forward to it. While I was there, I got this text from Nick:


He is so awesome and I appreciate him so much. I needed a night to hang out with the girls!!! I'm hoping it becomes a regular Monday night thing. Usually he had guys night on Mondays so I am hoping we can take turns :) it's all about compromise right!?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment