Friday, January 9, 2015

Me time

There hasn't been a whole lot of "me time" since the boys arrived. I'm not complaining though. When I do have any time to myself, all I want to do is get home because I miss my LPs so much!

Since returning to work, there had been zero time for me to take care of myself. I need highlights desperately ( I'm so thankful I choose the ombré route!) My cuticles are a mess and my nails haven't been done in over 5 weeks. My toenails are talon like and getting stuck on my socks ( gross) and my eyebrows are Brooke Shields esq circa 1980. It's bad people. Really bad. 

I asked Nick this past weekend if I could have Lena come for a few hours so I could take care of business. He was all for it. I'm sure he's tired of my snagglie  nails, bushy eyebrows and greasy mommy hair. So Lena was notified and on board with coming over. 

Lena arrived around 9 and I hurriedly tried to get out of the house. I had things to do!!!

First stop, the post office. My Aunt had sent a package that was supposed to be delivered but it bypassed the house and went straight to the post office. We weren't even notified. Thankfully my aunt had insured it and was able to track it down. 

Second stop ( insert angels singing hallelujah here) Starbucks followed by nails. Starbucks has my absolute FAVORITE coffee right now. It usually comes out in February but is out early this year. It's called Casi Cielo and is from Guatemala. It's the perfect combo of lemon and dark chocolate and it's the one brew I hoard. I keep a bag or two in my freezer to hold me over throughout the year and "just in case of an emergency". If you've never tried it - hurry and get your booty to Starbucks before I buy them all out! ;)


Getting my nails done is one of my favorite things to do. Angela was the lady who did my tootsies and she did an amazing job. I opted for shellac on my toes since it lasts longer and who knows when I'll get the opportunity for another "me day"! Unfortunately, getting a mani/pedi ate away at a lot of my time. But it was worth it!

I stopped by Wells Fargo and got money out for Lena. The drive thru is conveniently located next to a walgreens drive thru. I was able to kill two birds with one stone by picking up the boys Zantac.  Score! #winning

Next stop, Cafe of Life! They moved to a new house pretty close to where we live.  I had not been adjusted since before the holidays and it felt incredible. I love the old building and was having a hard time with the thought of going somewhere else but this place has the same aura and I felt so at peace waiting for my turn. 

I was limited on time after that and ran into Wal Mart to grab a few things - top of my list : DIAPERS! Then bananas for Lena. I noticed it's about the only thing she eats and we were out!



I quickly made my way home to snuggle with my sweet LPs. Daddy was able to get off early which meant I got to have coffee with my dear friend, Whitney (G). 

Whit and I don't get to get together near as much as I would like. She is such a sweet friend and I love her presence. She's so positive and her love for Jesus is blatantly apparent. She's the type of person who exudes His spirit. Love that girl. We even did a little shopping at one of my favorite boutiques. Scratch that- I did a little shopping ;)

This "me day" was much needed and although I didn't get everything I wanted to get done, done, I felt human again and was rejuvenated having had adult conversation. Thanks Nick-o. This mommy really needed this day. Love you.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment