Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Monday blues and packing too!

Monday is a day I don't care to work for multiple reasons. The major one- it's Monday! Mondays are hard. It's hard to get into the groove. I like having my extra day to have my routine with the LPs going. 

This week I had to work on Monday. Lena was able to adjust her schedule to be available Monday and Wednesday this week and for that I am very thankful. 

Normally I work Tuesdays and Thursdays. Lena watches other families too and this works out for us. This week, however; is our first BIG trip with the Little Presidents. We are flying out to California Thursday afternoon and to say I am nervous would be an understatement. 

I spent every spare moment I had Sunday, packing for Cali. Babies need a lot of stuff!  Here is what's been packed so far:

1. A playmat type blanket each
2. 4 receiving blankets each 
3. Multiple burp cloths ( we go through a lot of these daily)
4. 2 outfits per day
5. 2 outfits for wedding day
6. Diapers
7. Wipes
8. Travel sound machine
9. Travel bottle warmer 
10. Outfit for the Super Bowl
11. Bath towels/washcloths
12. Bath wash/lotion
13. Healing balm
14. Nail clippers - I'm constantly having to cut their nails
15. Brush 
16. Neosure 
17.  Copies of birth certificates 

Things to pack last minute
1. Bottles
2. Pump
3. Bibs
4. Diaper bag fully stocked 
5. Medicines (Zantac, Prevacid, gas drops, Tylenol)
6. Sterilizer bags
7. Milk bags
8. Daddy's diaper bag also fully stocked 
9. Wombies!

I'm sure there are things I am forgetting but that's all I can think of for now. Needless to say, the boys are almost ready but mamma- she's far from ready. Tuesday will be spent going through everything at least 100 times I'm sure. 

Back to Monday blues. I had a really sad scenario at work today which got me thinking about people with low self esteem. I have struggled with my self esteem. If we were all honest, we all do - at least at certain points in our lives. Anyway, my heart was heavy all day. I wish there was more I could do but I did everything I could. I left knowing that. 

2 Corinthians 12:10
For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong. 

1 Corinthians 3:16-17
Do you not know that you are God's temple and that God's Spirit dwells in you? If anyone destroys God's temple, God will destroy him. For God's temple is holy, and you are that temple. 

Matthew 11:28
Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 

To all who struggle internally - and we all do from time to time- know that God loves you and YOU ARE WORTHY. hugs to all. And prayers for an un eventful and safe trip with the LPs please!

No comments:

Post a Comment