Thursday, February 12, 2015

Sick day

You know that commercial that says mommy's and daddy's can't take sick days? I was blessed enough to be able to take a sick day today. 

I had every intention of going to work this morning. I woke up and pumped and was feeling really crummy. I was praying if get a call from the charge nurse to grant me my "me day" at work. That didn't happen and after I pumped I crawled back into bed with Knox who had been fussing. Nick told me to call in. Lena was coming today anyway and this way I can lay in bed and get better. 

I am so happy Nick suggested this. I think he knew I was feeling pretty bad because last night he made me some Emergen-C and I actually took it. Normally I refuse it because it tastes so bad but I was desperate. This morning I could do nothing but sneeze and my nose was like a faucet. It still is. 

Lena stayed with the boys and I only came out to put my breastmilk I had pumped in the refrigerator. I've had no appetite and all I've wanted to do is sleep. That's exactly what I did all day. As I sit here typing this, I'm ready for bed and I've only been up for a few hours. I'm utterly exhausted. 

Thanks babe for letting me take care of me. It's hard to do when all you think about are your kiddos but I will be a much more available mommy tomorrow. I'm already beginning to feel a little bit better. I started a zpack today and I am hoping and praying I caught this before it got the best of me. 

Here's a few pics of the boys from this evening after Lena left. Love these two littles more than they'll ever know. 

Weren't loving their bumbos tonight so bouncy seats it was. 

In the table for two!

Knoxer-boxer!

Me and sweet P. Excuse my puffy eyes and red nose. 






No comments:

Post a Comment