Friday, February 6, 2015

Lena and Grammy

Today, Noel (Grammy) got to see what a day in the life of Pierce and Knox is like with our incredible nanny, Lena. I anxiously awaited the end of the day so I could hear all about it!

Lena is a natural. Noel said she lights up when she walks in the door. I've seen this myself and it warms my heart. She immediately walks to the kitchen sink to wash her hands. When she is done, she beelines towards the boys, ready to love on them and play with them. 

They started their morning with a feed. Pierce must have been a hungry little guy because not only did he suck his bottle down, she gave him a full 2 extra ounces of formula. My pumping can't keep up with these boys. I hate that but I'm glad they're getting most of their food from me. Anyway, Knox slept until8 am!!! That's 12 hours folks! He must have worn himself out with all his crying. Knox took down his bottle no problema and was satisfied. Lena and Grammy played with the boys and then it was time for a short siesta. 

Noel said Lena just moves then from station to station. They have their playmat, toys, bumbos, bouncy chairs, mama Roos, books and of course, Lena. She keeps them moving and watches for clues their tired and then will lay them down. They take a few cat naps for her too and then one longer nap. 

Lena told Noel that it's different for her to take care of the boys than it is for me. When I am home, I have household chores to keep up with. I have laundry and dishes and picking up to do, whereas for her, she solely takes care of the babies. That's it. Hearing that made me feel good because it's true. Not only am I trying to take care of the LPs, I'm trying to keep the house up and running. There's not enough time at night to get things done so the day time it is. 

Once again, we are truly blessed. Of all the nannies out there, I think we struck gold. Lena is kind, caring, compassionate, giving, and most of all, she loves Knox and Pierce. As a parent, I could not ask for more. Thank you Lena. For all you do!







No comments:

Post a Comment