Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Noses

We all have noses. They are a necessary part of life. Currently in the Job household, 2 of our 4 noses are a mess. Luckily the messes are mommy and daddy. P and K are hanging in there as we try to stay out of their faces. 

Nick is a runny faucet. Every morning for a few weeks he has been waking up with the sneezes. He stays pretty drippy until his allergy meds kick in which can take a little while. Although the boys do a really good job of sleeping through the night, they do wake up several times each night in search of their pacis. One of us has to put it back in. I usually take the front half of the night and Nick takes the back half. It goes without saying that we get sleep but in small doses. I'm not complaining though. Our boys are great little sleepers 90% of the time. We are blessed. The lack of consecutive sleep is finally taking it's toll on us though. My nose isn't runny yet but I feel like I'm on the verge. You know when the back of your nose, kind of by your eyes, starts to feel dry and tight and the back of your throat gets scratchy? That's how I feel right now. I don't know if it's allergies or a cold. What I do know is that all I want to do is stay in bed and of course that's not really an option. 

I've also noticed a decrease in my supply. I know the boys are eating more but I'm not producing what I was even a week ago. I'm trying not to let it stress me out but it is. Sometimes I wish I exclusively breastfed. Then I wouldn't put a number to every feed. Oh well. I've done pretty good for having almost exclusively breastfed for 4.5 months. It is what it is right?!? The boys need to eat!

Praying our runny noses don't get passed to the LPs. We appreciate any and all prayers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment